January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Few rumours that we are after Thomas Toure from Bordeaux. He is a 21 yr old winger. I watch a bit of Ligue 1 but have never noticed him so don't know anything about him. He has 2 goals and 4 assists in 17 games this season and is out of contract in the summer.

Edited by Bunnski

Few rumours that we are after Thomas Toure from Bordeaux. He is a 21 yr old winger. I watch a bit of Ligue 1 but have never noticed him so don't know anything about him. He has 2 goals and 4 assists in 17 games this season and is out of contract in the summer.

The fact you 've never noticed him speaks volumes .

The fact you 've never noticed him speaks volumes .
I've never watched much of Bordeaux tbf. He is being linked with Dortmund aswell so is highly thought of it seems.

Liverpool and Aston Villa are watching Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook, as reported by Daily Mail.

The Premier League sides, as claimed by the Mail, sent out scouts to watch the 17-year-old in action in recent weeks after he broke into the first-team at Elland Road earlier in the season.

The midfielder has appeared 15 times in this season’s Championship since making his full debut against Millwall back in August and was apparently watched by scouts on Saturday as he played 78 minutes against Birmingham City as the Whites earned a 1-1 draw against the 11th placed side. Paul Caddis’ first-half penalty was cancelled out by a late goal from Luke Murphy with Cook himself being replaced by Souleymane Doukare with 12 minutes to play.

Cook lined up on the left hand side for the Championship match, but Leeds boss Neil Redfearn admitted after the game that it wasn’t the youngster’s natural position, saying that he wanted to give the midfielder a chance to cut inside off the touchline to cause Birmingham problems.

“It’s not his natural position out there on the left, but we worked on him coming inside, giving [Paul] Caddis a problem coming off the line and Charlie Taylor taking the space down the outside. And it worked a lot of times,” Redfearn told LUTV

Cook has played for the England U16, U17 and U18 sides, making his debut for the latter in August last year when he was called up for a clash against the Netherlands.

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-liverpool-interested-in-highly-rated-leeds-united-midfielder-lewis-cook/277920?

Edited by HeyAnty

Liverpool and Aston Villa are watching Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook, as reported by Daily Mail.

The Premier League sides, as claimed by the Mail, sent out scouts to watch the 17-year-old in action in recent weeks after he broke into the first-team at Elland Road earlier in the season.

The midfielder has appeared 15 times in this season’s Championship since making his full debut against Millwall back in August and was apparently watched by scouts on Saturday as he played 78 minutes against Birmingham City as the Whites earned a 1-1 draw against the 11th placed side. Paul Caddis’ first-half penalty was cancelled out by a late goal from Luke Murphy with Cook himself being replaced by Souleymane Doukare with 12 minutes to play.

Cook lined up on the left hand side for the Championship match, but Leeds boss Neil Redfearn admitted after the game that it wasn’t the youngster’s natural position, saying that he wanted to give the midfielder a chance to cut inside off the touchline to cause Birmingham problems.

“It’s not his natural position out there on the left, but we worked on him coming inside, giving [Paul] Caddis a problem coming off the line and Charlie Taylor taking the space down the outside. And it worked a lot of times,” Redfearn told LUTV

Cook has played for the England U16, U17 and U18 sides, making his debut for the latter in August last year when he was called up for a clash against the Netherlands.

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-liverpool-interested-in-highly-rated-leeds-united-midfielder-lewis-cook/277920?

good to plan for the future, but we need to have one at this level first

I don't think I'd be letting anyone go in January. We need all the options we can get for the run in.

I have faith Weimann can knock in goals if we can get the passes in to him, but you have to either play him off Benteke or not play him in my opinion.

Delph and Lowton could yet have a part to play we don't know what's going to happen.

Sinclair signing could leave us with a potentially attacking team of

Guzan

Hutton Clark Okore Cissokho

Gil Sanchez Westwood Sinclair

Benteke Weimann

but it will need a lot of big performances and form to finish comfortable.

Out of interest, how does the press know that Villa are going watching these players. Do they turn up wearing Aston Villa tracksuits or something?

they probably know who our scours are and have them followed. Or they just guess and make suit up

I don't think I'd be letting anyone go in January. We need all the options we can get for the run in.

I have faith Weimann can knock in goals if we can get the passes in to him, but you have to either play him off Benteke or not play him in my opinion.

Delph and Lowton could yet have a part to play we don't know what's going to happen.

Sinclair signing could leave us with a potentially attacking team of

Guzan

Hutton Clark Okore Cissokho

Gil Sanchez Westwood Sinclair

Benteke Weimann

but it will need a lot of big performances and form to finish comfortable.

No place for delph he is arguably better then Westwood ? And would vlaar play of fit . But I like the look of this team

Aston Villa will loan Jack Grealish to Nottingham Forest - IF they land Scott Sinclair

The Midlands club are only willing to pay half of Manchester City's £3million asking price for the winger, but do want to sign him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-loan-jack-grealish-5006141?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Aston Villa will loan Jack Grealish to Nottingham Forest - IF they land Scott Sinclair

The Midlands club are only willing to pay half of Manchester City's £3million asking price for the winger, but do want to sign him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-loan-jack-grealish-5006141?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They won't get him for 1.5 million. To be fair you would'nt get me for 1.5 million