Your greatest day ! ( No wedding or childbirth stories)

Brumerican

funnily enough i was only thinking the other day about when i discovered my grandads sabbath and zeppelin lps and was thinking for all the enjoyment i still get from them you cant beat that moment when you discover something for the first time. i remember that my gran and grandad were at the hospital that day and i was home alone, i was heavily into guns n roses and deep purple at the time and id heard sabbath before but never took to them straight away because they were just so heavy and kind of gave me a nervous feel. i remember my grandad putting on an old video of them at the hammersmith odeon in 78 and saying to me watch this, i just remember some crazy bloke shaking his arms about and i noticed all these tassles on his top which i thought at the time wernt cool. also remember the facial hair on tony,geezer and bill and thinking they look like old cavemen and completely different to axl and slash. the opening song was symptom of the universe and i never got past that song because it put the fear of god up me, just so heavy and different so i left it at that. id heard of zep but never saw or heard much from them until the day i discovered those lps, i remember having these sabbath and zep lps on the floor and playing parts of them randomly and just being taken to another world in my head. the covers held a magical mystique where you knew there was something special waiting for you inside them and from that moment on i knew those two bands were the bands for me and all these years on im still in awe of the music but you can never better that day i first truly discovered the music. i know i might be rambling shit to some people but that day was a big day in my life and a very important day.

• Like 2

Passing my professional exams in more recent times - 2.5 years of stress and relative sacrifice all coming to a close with the promise of better money/quality of life ahead - first thing I did after calling my parents was to go sleep, and it was the best nap of my life! It was also the day of the Christmas party last year and all my mates had passed as well, so we proceeded to have one of the best nights ever - not even a minor annoying moment happened that night. Came crashing down the next day mind, when my landlord heard I'd passed and threatened to push the rent up or sell the flat!

Since some of the other posts relate to football - the 6-4 against Blackburn is burnt into my memory, as is the aftermath of the Everton last-minute winner although I actually missed the drama having passed a TV showing the game at 2-1 to us before getting a call from my Dad.

The thing that comes to mind for me is finally passing medical school.

I'd done ok throughout my time at uni, not spectacularly but good enough to ensure I never had to be too worried when it came to exam results day.

Then came finals. And I **** it up royally.

Cue days of utter despair and jealous fury as I watched my friends celebrate and prepare to jet off here, there, and everywhere on their medical elective rotations.

Cue excuse after excuse when people invited me out to celebrate, and all that awkward 'chin up' bullshit people do when they're trying to make you feel better.

Cue weeks of the hardest studying I've ever done, all the while trying to repress the thoughts of failing again and throwing away the last decade of my life (previous degree plus hospital work experience).

And then the day of resit results came, and I sat there drinking myself to distraction and playing Max Payne 3 until the results were out.

I've never known relief and joy like it

• Like 1

When my daughter was in hospital and her sugar levels were ridiculously low, according to the doctors. I was on my own with her as my missus was away at work, I've never been so scared in all my life. Later on it turned out her levels weren't as bad as feared and it was just a bug she had picked up. It was the most relieved I've ever felt. To top it off Arsenal beat Wigan 4-2 to seal our survival when it looked like we were going down.

I'm sure I posted it on here at the time, but ah well.

Definitely a greatest day contender for me... a couple of years ago I got a message via Twitter from one of my all time musical heroes, saying he was coming to Melbourne and could I lend him a guitar for a week? That alone made me pretty happy - the fact that I ended up not only lending the guitar, but also going for a drink with him and then a couple of days later having him come to my place for dinner is something I still struggle to believe happened to this day  :)

First time a girl swallowed my load.

Springsteen last year at the Ricoh

Villa 7 - 1 Wimbledon, my first match

Travelling home from town on the bus with my Elder scrolls Oblivion Collectors Edition (fold out one with the coin) held in my hands on release day morning then later that day stepping out the prison dungeons into the open light. GTA V release morning also comes close as does Skyrim. FF9 also.

Â