Happy 140th Birthday Aston Villa Football Club

andykeenan

l remember prince William being asked , why Aston Villa ? He had been guest of honour at the last Wembley final , before the renovation , and although it being , in my opinion , one of the worst finals in history , the prince was overwhelmed at the way the Villa fans sang their hearts out throughout the whole game , and from that day , swore his allegiance .

For me that illustrates what a great club we are , and I honestly don't think there is a more infectious team in the country .

• Like 1

Whenever I get the chance to get back to Brum, the first glimpse of the Hallowed ground always makes the hair on my neck stand up. For almost fifty years this club has been a very important constant in my life. 

I AM VILLA.

I'd like to see the Blues's version :lol:

Why?

A great thread, where we can well and truly celebrate what we are, what we are all about, and where we came from.

And you bring them into it?

So sad.

Jesus Christ. In a backwards way I'm saying we should be very proud of who we support.

Villa is a great club.

Get off your high horse, I was having a laugh. "So sad" - do you write letters to the BBC about swearing before the watershed to?

• Like 1

Does anyone remember us celebrating our centenary ? I know I was young , but if I recall correctly , to honour the occasion we played the great Leeds side of the seventies , although I think we lost the game , my ooveridng memory , of the game , is the players kicking balls in to each stand before the kick - off .

Can't see that happening again , mlnd you , the way were playing , the balls would probally either end up on the stand roof or in the road .

Does anyone remember us celebrating our centenary ? I know I was young , but if I recall correctly , to honour the occasion we played the great Leeds side of the seventies , although I think we lost the game , my ooveridng memory , of the game , is the players kicking balls in to each stand before the kick - off .

Can't see that happening again , mlnd you , the way were playing , the balls would probally either end up on the stand roof or in the road .

we still have Tonev ;)

Still have that 8 year old child in me where at the Start of every game we are going to WIn.

Experience of Villa though means last 5 mins I shit myself even though we are 5-0 up.

I'm enjoying watching the same wonder with my son who is developing his own love for all things Villa. 

• Like 1

Â