Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

As it stands FOUR teams need to pass Villa out for Villa to be relegated, and:

Burnley cannot catch Villa if Villa get any more points or Burnley drop any more points. [Games remaining: Hull (a), Stoke (h), Villa (a)]

QPR cannot catch Villa if Villa get 2 more points or QPR drop any more points. [Games remaining: Man C (a), Newcastle (h), Leicester (a)]

Sunderland cannot catch Villa if Villa pick up 1 point or less fewer than them from the remaining games. [Games remaining: Everton (a), Leicester (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a)]

Leicester cannot catch Villa if Villa pick up the same amount of points as them from the remaining games. [Games remaining: Southampton (h), Sunderland (a), QPR (h)]

Hull cannot catch Villa if Villa pick up the same amount of points as them from the remaining games. [Games remaining: Arsenal (h), Burnley (h), Spurs (a), Man U (h)]

Newcastle cannot catch Villa if Villa pick up the same amount of points as them from the remaining games, while not dropping 3 goals in GD. [Games remaining: WBA (h), QPR (a), West Ham (h)]

Burnley and QPR are essentially out of the equation. They're both not going to catch us given the fixtures remaining.

If Sunderland pick up 3 more points (say they beat Leicester), Villa will need just 2 more points to be guaranteed safety

Leicester could really get anything from their last 3 games. They could lose them all, win them all, or anything in between. But if we split it up with 1 of each, then Villa need the same to stay ahead of them.

Hull will be lucky to pick up anything more than 3 points from their remaining games.

Newcastle have the easiest run on paper, and surely they can't lose the rest - but they HAVE been dreadful since they played us. Ideally they'll draw with WBA and lose the other 2, but who knows. 4 points maximum for them?

So basically, one more win and the chances of Villa going down are almost non-existent.

2 more draws and we're still unlikely, but it'd certainly be possible.

1 more draw would seriously be pushing it.

0 points MIGHT keep us up, but it'd all come down to the Sunderland v Leicester game

Edited by P3te

I think if we did not have the change of manager when we did we would be down where QPR and Burnley are right now

If we had changed it sooner i think we would have been safe 3 - 4 games ago

• Like 2

"We're playing well" Smertov.

We've achieved the "miracle" of 3 points Tayls. Cheer up lads.

It is annoying everyone else is constantly winning their must win games but it won't last forever as in next few weeks we have Newcastle-West Brom and Sunderland-Leicester so we just need to beat West Ham and I believe that will be enough.

Who is 'Smertov' ? 

Great performance today - and much better than the 3-2 scoreline suggests.

Defence needs some work though - bit shambolic at times - and theres no way I would be bringing Sanchez on for Westwood.  

Thought westwood was the unsung hero today - great performance.

We should be ok now. 

Theres rumours of Row between John Carver and one of his players - who he accused of deliberately getting sent off - so he doesn't have to play in the next newcastle home match.  Theres a 50/50 chance Carver won't be in charge  by the time Newcastle play again....hopefully no new manager bounce !!!!

Yeah I'm interested to see the build up to the penalty again. Too me there were so many occasions in Lukaku's mazy run when we could've simply cleared the ball as it was hardly glued to him...Okore had a go and even when it go to the box we must've had 3 around Naismith so I just thought one would put their foot through it.

That's the thing...in general play as a unit I actually think we're defending well, closing down space and heading it away, it's just lazy individual errors that are costing us on occasions.

West Brom were out of it already. Would have been nice to finish above them, but United losing is just as fun.

No way were West Brom out of it. If they lose today, and then against Newcastle next week, other results could pull them back into it.

Sunderland winning was horrid. But, today is a better day than yesterday. 14th in the table meaning 6 teams need to catch up. We should have enough we are playing amazing.

3 more points next week please!

West Brom were out of it already. Would have been nice to finish above them, but United losing is just as fun.

No way were West Brom out of it. If they lose today, and then against Newcastle next week, other results could pull them back into it.

Exactly. Now Newcastle win over WBA would be bad for us but if WBA lost today and then to Newcastle at least one of them would still be in the mix.

Yeah I'm interested to see the build up to the penalty again. Too me there were so many occasions in Lukaku's mazy run when we could've simply cleared the ball as it was hardly glued to him...Okore had a go and even when it go to the box we must've had 3 around Naismith so I just thought one would put their foot through it.

That's the thing...in general play as a unit I actually think we're defending well, closing down space and heading it away, it's just lazy individual errors that are costing us on occasions.

However you want to dress it up - its still poor defending.

Why all good teams become s*** when their result matters to us.

the WBA result was really only about making it easier for us to finish ahead of them, there are still 4 sides that have to pass us for us to get relegated

This is why we can only get worried about our own results thankfully we are in a position were its all in our hands

the WBA result was really only about making it easier for us to finish ahead of them, there are still 4 sides that have to pass us for us to get relegated

If they lost today they'd really want to win Newcastle. Now they'll have 40pts and we all know what'll happen in their Newcastle game.

We will be ok. We are by far the best football team in the zone. if Sherwood had been in charge since the start of the season we would be challenging for the Europa League.

We are still challenging for the Europa League via the the FA Cup  ;)

• Like 1

V happy with the result today. Would have preffered sunderland to lose, BUT everton was our hardest game and we blitzed it, there is no way newcastle get more points than us, plus leicester play sunderland - we are safe. That tottingham result was huge.

Sunderland winning was a massive pain and while I'm not as confident as many in this thread today's win was crucial. We're in the best position of all the teams down there and we're playing very very well. I still think Newcastle will stay up though.

Just setting off for Villa Park. By the time I post again, when I get back, we will be 14th.

:clap:

If Carver doesn't get replaced the barcodes could well not win a game and go down. Would serve them right. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mclaren at Newcastle by next week as Derby have blown the playoff place.

As for Villa the way we are playing if we can't get one more win versus West Ham, Southampton, and Burnley we don't deserve to stay up.