Baseball Hot Stove

maqroll

I am, I spent quite a bit of time in Toronto in the early 90's so i got the best of them, Hasn't been so much fun since then, a bit like Villa really watching in the late 70's/early 80's. Having had many subscriptions to watch as much as possible a few years back I must admit to only watching the odd game on tv nowadays, I just don't have the free time to watch more than 2 or 3 games per month.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Manny and Harper still unsigned. Owners getting cautious with the long term mega bucks deals it looks like.

I’m genuinely surprised Machado isn’t in pinstripes by now. Doesn’t look like he will be, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, Manny to San Diego for 10/300. Interesting to see if Harper beats that when he signs with Philly. 

Manny is a douche, but I wanted him for the Yanks. I could have lived with that contract but I can also live with staying the hell away from 10 year deals as a matter of principle. Glad he went to the Padres anyway, and not an AL team.

Yep. 10/330. 

Meh. 

In the end, I’m quite happy for Manny and Harper to play in the NL and I think the Yankees’ lineup should be strong enough without them. Manny would have been great for his defensive value, I guess. 

It’s actually 13/330, but that’s neither here nor there.

Bryce Harper is a very, very, very good hitter and w/o Aaron Judge and/or Stanton I’d probably want the Yanks to be all in, but I’d be wary about both his durability and consistency over the course of such a massive contract. 

• 4 weeks later...

Predictions:

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Cleveland

AL West: Houston

Wildcard: Boston

AL Champion: Boston

NL East: Atlanta

NL Central: Milwaukee

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wildcard: Reds

NL Champion: Reds

Both Wildcards in the WS, Boston winning it : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Yankees DL (apologies, IL) has officially surpassed to total population of Wyoming. It’s laughable, really. Still, I’m impressed and delighted that the SW-B RailRiders have a six game W streak going in the Majors. 

• 2 months later...

@maqroll

Don’t know if you watched it, and while I’m happy with a W, that game was a mess. Not a good advertisement for baseball, even though I’m sure it will be sold as that. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Are you against the Bills playing in Canada?

Nope. Canada is like our Wales. Plus, they have teams in 3 out of the 4 big leagues here. I'm not opposed the Mexican games or even Mexican teams in our leagues. But flying across the sea to another continent seems OTT.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nope. Canada is like our Wales. Plus, they have teams in 3 out of the 4 big leagues here. I'm not opposed the Mexican games or even Mexican teams in our leagues. But flying across the sea to another continent seems OTT.

What difference does water make?

The Red Sox flying to London is a quicker journey than the Marlins flying to play the Mariners. I get that it's more of an outlier, but still.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Â