Baseball Hot Stove

maqroll

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Yankees strike first with Stanton. Judge hitting third and Stanton cleanup is a scary thought. Boston is trying to sign JD Martinez, but word is he doesn't want to DH, so we might consider trading for an elite SP or two...

The Yankee offense should be ridiculous next year. Another solid SP and a dependable IF (3b prob) should make them favourites to win it all, if they aren’t already. Cashman has done a tremendous job last couple of years. 

Longoria to SF is a bat I’m glad to see leave the AL East. 

Isn’t a power bat way more important than another TOR arm for Boston? Who would you trade and who would you trade for? 

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd trade Boegarts for someone like Chris Archer.

Not sure I would if I were Dombrowski. In isolation, yes, but can your lineup afford to lose the bat? I don’t think I’d make that trade if I’m the Rays either. 

Just one year, no way. Devers is a tricky one though. He's a real liability defensively at third, and doesn't have enough power for DH...They're going to have to drill him hard this winter and spring. That said, he's only 20, so huge upside. He'll bulk up too and eventually hit for more power. Also, Machado is a prick.

• 5 weeks later...

FA market is conspicously slow this winter. In recent years, you’d think Darvish, Arrieta and JD would have signed biggish contracts somewhere already. Looks like teams are shying away from long term commitments to players on the wrong side of 30. 

On 20.1.2018 at 02:23, maqroll said:

Not sure what the Boston plan is right now because we signed Moreland to an extension to play first base, and JD doesn't want to DH. Not sure what the fix is there.

One possibility I’ve seen mentioned is to trade JBJ and move Benintendi. I suppose JD, terrible defender that he may be, can turn around and look at a big, green wall as effectively as the next person. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â