Baseball Hot Stove

maqroll

21 hours ago, maqroll said:

Chapman to Dodgers who now have a silly setup-closer situation.

Deal on hold after a story involving Chapman has emerged containing the word abuse and the word domestic as well. 

Him and Puig would have made such a charming twosome. 

Yeah, I read that late last night. Seems we passed on him when we heard about the incident. Not really sure why they need Chapman, Jensen is an elite closer in his own right.

The Cubans are really making a name for themselves, Cespedes is a nut too. 

Fingers crossed for your sake that Moncada isn't an utter a***hole too, then. Damn, I envy that signing. 

Thoughts on the Miley trade, Maq?

Edited by Michelsen

Starlin Castro for Adam Warren and Brendan Ryan. I like Adam Warren a lot, but he was only a middle reliever with the Yankees. I think I have to like it, given Castro's potential and, if nothing else, it keeps Ryan's impotent bat away from our lineup.

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Mets are just a pathetic organisation. Good or not, it's embarrassing supporting them TBH.

No offense, but they're a smalltime scummy little shitbag club with no tradition. (The Small Heath of baseball, really....)

Before you get pissed at me, it's in my DNA to despise all NY teams. :D

9 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Anything in particular you're upset about ? 

We're a New York market team who doesn't spend anything. On another forum I used there was a graphic of payroll over the past 10 years... most teams have had quite a large improvement, the Mets have actually decreased!

Then you have who we stomped all over in the playoffs making some pretty good deals. The Mets? We let the guy who took us to the playoffs walk, then the guy who took us to the World Series, we let him walk too.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Kurt, come visit Boston, I'll take you to a game at Fenway, maybe Levi will make an appearance. Citi Field has NOTHING on the Mecca

It'll take some doing as Citi is pretty great. Fenway does look cool though.

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Murphy is a journeyman, I wouldn't get too hung up on him at all

I don't know. A consistent .280+ hitter who never strikes out is a pretty decent bat to have in your lineup. Definitely a guy who hits in big spots too.

Downgrade at 2B with Walker/Herrera going in to next season. CF will obviously be a massive offensive downgrade with Lagaras becoming an every day player over Cespedes.

Pitching and defense win championships. The Mets will contend again, your pitching is arguably the best in baseball. If the Cubs add pitching, I'd be concerned, but you have the spine of a club that will make the playoffs again and again, and anything can happen once you're in. Chin up, fella, Mets are a good **** team right now.

Â