Baseball Hot Stove

maqroll

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge blow to the Rangers chances this year with Darvish having elbow surgery. 

Meanwhile, Matt Harvey is hitting 99MPH, I think he's pitching with anger right now. If I was Mets brass, I'd tell them to hold him back. No need to risk a setback at this point.

They have him starting out at Single A, so I doubt we will see him anytime soon. We seem to have a pipeline into Cuba now which is great, but just how well these players are being scouted is a question mark. Rusney Castillo is going to be on the team this year, so he's the Cuban we're all looking at intently right now. Moncada is one for the future. 

They have him starting out at Single A, so I doubt we will see him anytime soon. We seem to have a pipeline into Cuba now which is great, but just how well these players are being scouted is a question mark. Rusney Castillo is going to be on the team this year, so he's the Cuban we're all looking at intently right now. Moncada is one for the future.

Yeah, I know. Yankee fans on the internet were really annoyed at ownership for not getting Moncada.

Will he live up to the hype? At what position is he a fit in the Sox organisation?

They say he can play anywhere but pitcher and catcher...but they think he's best suited for 2nd base, which could work out very nicely as Pedroia winds down his career. The big question is centerfield. Betts/Castillo/Bradley all can play there and want to play there. I think what will happen is Castillo will win the CF job, Betts will play RF and Bradley will ride the bench until we trade him.

Hard to say if he'll live up to the hype. Being Cuban makes it even more difficult to guess. The track record for Cubans is pretty good though, so we shall see.

Crazy bad luck. It's simply amazing how fragile baseball players are. Darvish done. Cliff Lee. And the freak accidents too. It's just totally bizarre.

So, my fantasy league drafted last night, so much fun. So intense. You'll be pleased to know that I targeted and drafted Jacob deGrom. 

This is my full squad:

Yan Gomes Cle - C

David Ortiz Bos - 1B

Dee Gordon Mia - 2B

Josh Donaldson Tor - 3B

Hanley Ramírez Bos - SS

Andrew McCutchen Pit - OF

Corey Dickerson Col - OF

A.J. Pollock Ari - OF

Justin Morneau Col - 1B

Marlon Byrd Cin - OF

Jake Arrieta ChC - SP

Alex Wood Atl - SP,RP

Jacob deGrom NYM - SP

Phil Hughes Min - SP

Huston Street LAA - RP

Santiago Casilla SF - RP

Francisco Rodríguez Mil - RP

LaTroy Hawkins Col - RP

Ervin Santana Min - SP

Danny Duffy KC - SP,RP

BENCH:

Martín Prado Mia - 2B,3B,OF

Brandon Crawford SF - SS

Mike Leake Cin - SP

Jonathon Niese NYM - SP

Drew Pomeranz Oak - SP,RP 

• 2 weeks later...

Our young catcher Vasquez looks like he's done his elbow and will be out for the season. Really sucks, cuz he's like a young Yadier Molina behind the plate. This was supposed to be his breakout season. 

:angry:

Braves trade BJ and Kimbrel to San Diego. I know BJ is all kinds of awful, but was it really necessary to give up Kimbrel to get out of that deal? What the hell are they thinking! Good news for the Mets though.

• 7 months later...

Craig Kimbrel to Boston for 4 prospects...not really a fan of trading FOUR prospects for a closer, even if he is arguably the best in the league.

What we need is starting pitching.

Â