Our next captain?

gwi1890

I always thought Ciaran would be the long term captain, but its looking less and less likely by the day.... i'm always a fan of CBs as captain - their presence on the pitch is defined by them being imposing characters, which is something that you want in a captain... on that basis, i'd say senderos next season if vlaar is gone, and if he's a nailed on starter ie fit and still playing well...

I think westwood looks like he could be captain in time, but I find him a bit chippy and lightweight for my liking (same for cleverly)... I think gabby should just concentrate on his game and not have the added pressure of captaincy....

baker is an interesting long term call - lets see if he develops into a long term starter when all of our defenders are fit and whether he matures into a defender that isn't going to put himself into dangerous positions every week that more often than not end up with him leaving the pitch early...

Guzan for me. 

Westwood would be way down the list, not inspiring at all and definitely not a leader. 

Although he was captain at Crewe?

For what, 3 games?

EDIT - of which they lost two. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

Guzan for me.

Westwood would be way down the list, not inspiring at all and definitely not a leader.

Id like to think we are a different kettle of fish to Crewe though, wouldn't you? Edited by Tayls

Guzan for me.

For what, 3 games?

How many games has Guzan captained?

It'll be Senderos most likely, or a new summer signing. If it's Gabby I'll not be happy. Delph would've been ideal, but he won't be here next season anyway, so that's a no go. And there's nobody else at the club with enough experience or the right personality really. If Richardson was a regular starter and performing well, probably him, but he's not. Guzan is a good shout, but armband or not he'll still give the performance of a skipper, so having someone outfield who can talk with the ref is a better shout

It'll almost certainly be Gabby unfortunately. He is the vice captain and one of the manager's favourites.

I can vaguely see the logic in having Gabby as vice captain, but I would be genuinely surprised if he was full captain next year. Surprised and disappointed. Vice captain is a pretty worthless role, more symbolic than anything, and I'd expect him to continue in that role rather no matter who the captain is

Guzan for me.

For what, 3 games?

How many games has Guzan captained?

None, I don't think being a captain before matters in this case.

Â