Our next captain?

gwi1890

Given his career pre-Villa, Senderos needs to prove himself over a longer run of games before we can be sure that he is worthy of being captain.

As with above, I'm not a huge fan of goalkeeper captains but in this case, I literally cannot think of anybody else. The team is devoid of leaders unfortunately.

• Like 3

Given his career pre-Villa, Senderos needs to prove himself over a longer run of games before we can be sure that he is worthy of being captain.

As with above, I'm not a huge fan of goalkeeper captains but in this case, I literally cannot think of anybody else. The team is devoid of leaders unfortunately.

true about Senderos but as you also said we dont have leaders, think after Senderos maybe only players as contender would be Westwood who has been captain before of a club (though could imagine uproar by some on here)

true about Senderos but as you also said we dont have leaders, think after Senderos maybe only players as contender would be Westwood who has been captain before of a club (though could imagine uproar by some on here)

That's why I'd probably give it to Guzan. Though sexbelowsound makes a good point, and perhaps we can look for somebody with specific leadership qualities when we target Vlaar's (or even Delph's) replacement.

As for Westwood, I prefer captains who can actually lead by example. He is a defensive-midfielder who seldom tackles or adequately protects the defence. He certainly wouldn't inspire me if I played alongside him.

Â