Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They should just wrap it up with the street being demolished to make way for hs2

Or Ken Barlow going on a rampage and killing everyone. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Or Ken Barlow going on a rampage and killing everyone. 

I wonder if Ken Barlow is now older than Uncle Albert was when it started? 

On 03/08/2021 at 18:26, mjmooney said:

I saw the start of Coronation Street. 

Can't claim that but i did see the first Eastenders and giving up watching it 15 years later was one of the best things I ever did. 

Soaps are goddam awful bit also highly addictive.  Once you wean yourself off them you can't understand why you ever started. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can't claim that but i did see the first Eastenders and giving up watching it 15 years later was one of the best things I ever did. 

Soaps are goddam awful bit also highly addictive.  Once you wean yourself off them you can't understand why you ever started. 

Brookside was the only soap I watched. Loved it back in the day compared to the other shite soaps.

On 06/08/2021 at 12:07, sidcow said:

One of my first jobs after I left school was in a very small clothing factory and they had the radio going all day and we used to listen to "Portia faces life" I must admit I was always keen to hear what happened next but when I left that job I never ever thought about Portia again,till just now.

Being told I need to constantly watch the latest TV series. Last one I did was walking dead and I gave up on that after it became absolute trash, just like 99% of them.

1. Who has the time to watch all these episodes of all these shows. I have no kids and even I don't have the time for this stuff.

2. Who has the attention span to track all this shit. 4 seasons later some guy turns up and I'm like who the heck is that have I missed something. Oh it was some guy from an episodes 3 years ago. Brilliant. Because I have just been sat here for the last 3 years with that character ark in the back of my head.

3. It's either good and it gets cancelled or it's either good and it goes on forever until it inevitably gets garbage.

Recommend me films people, or if you recommend me a show, make sure it has a beginning, a middle and a conclusion. It's an 8 parter? Sound. It wraps up at the end? Sound.

Those Haunting ones on Netflix from Mike Flanagan. Cracking.  It actually ends and is consistently good and knows where it's going from the start.

The million other shows that just have a good premise, one good season then just wing it for 4 years until it gets cancelled inevitably.
Stop recommending me this crap.

• Like 1

Why when someone posts a question on social media do people feel the need to reply with "I don't know". Completely pointless reply. 

Spoiler

Very low hanging fruit replying to this with "I don't know" but still be disappointed if nobody does. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Why when someone posts a question on social media do people feel the need to reply with "I don't know". Completely pointless reply. 

Hide contents

Very low hanging fruit replying to this with "I don't know" but still be disappointed if nobody does. 

Same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve often wondered why people post questions on social media, when it’s quicker and more accurate to simply Google the answer. For attention, is my guess, but then I don’t have social media. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Review posts on amazon and questions.

'Does this product work with so and so?"

"I've never tried."

Not sure if trolls or alarming rate of people are morons.

• Like 3

Â