Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why cricketers very often don't wear their very expensive sunglasses despite it being very sunny, but rather keep them perched on their caps.

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I don't get why cricketers very often don't wear their very expensive sunglasses despite it being very sunny, but rather keep them perched on their caps.

Depends which way they are facing in relation to the sun I guess

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Depends which way they are facing in relation to the sun I guess

I agree to an extent but i swear I've seen them go for catches in to the sun not wearing them. I wonder if they are just a fashion accessory at times

I wore yellow lensed glasses when i played cricket if the weather was overcast and it does improve visibility. Meh.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 22:03, Designer1 said:

I used to absolutely love going and watching The Heathens when I was a kid. Cracking atmosphere and always a good night.

spacer.png

I used to go all to Dudley Wood every home match from 1986 to 1991. Used to go away to Wolves and Cov too. As you say, great atmosphere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I used to go all to Dudley Wood every home match from 1986 to 1991. Used to go away to Wolves and Cov too. As you say, great atmosphere.

Booooo!

Brummies at Perry Barr FTW!

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Booooo!

Brummies at Perry Barr FTW!

I don't think the Brummies were in the British League when I watched Cradley. Must of been in the lower tier National League?

It was the likes of Cradley, Oxford, Coventry and Wolves who were always scrapping it out for the league title when I watched them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I don't think the Brummies were in the British League when I watched Cradley. Must of been in the lower tier National League?

It was the likes of Cradley, Oxford, Coventry and Wolves who were always scrapping it out for the league title when I watched them.

Probably out of business. They folded for years...came back briefly, folded again, then last I heard they were back (again).

7 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

My mates parents were regulars at Perry Barr in the 70's, his mom had a freehand sketch of George Major on the kitchen wall.

They took me once and we went round the pits to get autographs.

Soren Sjosten, Ove Olsen, Arthur Browning and a few others I can't recall, still got the book somewhere probably.

• VT Supporter
On 09/07/2021 at 20:29, sidcow said:

Guy I used to work with was considered the world's top referee in Speedway (referee's in Speedway is a very difficult job I understand, they can get into all sorts of controversy, they're far more involved in all sorts of areas integral to the running of the race than in other motor sports) 

Anyway he was a nutter at work, used to keep a sock puppet in his briefcase and bring it out and talk to it for opinions on how negotiations were going when someone proposed something he wasn't happy with 😂😂

He's a technical director at a Championship club now i understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Don't look up what the current city of culture is ;)

Tbf Terry Hall has put together a very interesting series of gigs for them, there's a good few I'd be interested in if they were closer to home

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 19:12, mottaloo said:

They only use them to cover their eyes while they're having a power nap because they've dosed off as nothing has happened for the last 4 hours

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
59 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where to begin with this... why would she take him back? (Its a rhetorical question, we all know the reason why - ££££)

I don’t believe it would ultimately make a difference for me, but they do have a child together (with another on the way, if I read correctly).

I think I still wouldn’t want much to do with a partner in this circumstance, and yes the financial side might play a significant part in the decision making too. But him being the father to her child(ren), might well be playing some part in her thinking, I’d be prepared to venture.

And yes, I’m slightly uneasy using kids as the rationale, considering what he was in prison for.

• VT Supporter
3 hours ago, Xela said:

Where to begin with this... why would she take him back? (Its a rhetorical question, we all know the reason why - ££££)

Trying to tread very carefully in posting here, but I'm not sure the simple explanation is the right one. Firstly, is his financial position that great? Presumably he spent a huge amount on legal fees, and his future earning prospects are very bad indeed; no decent level football team will take him on, no possible coaching or managerial career, no media roles, and presumably it's not like he's got great grades at school to make it easy to change careers.

I remember from the trial that both she, and her family, 'stood by him' as they say. It may be that they truly believe he did little wrong, that it was a miscarriage of justice, or something else along those lines.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Trying to tread very carefully in posting here, but I'm not sure the simple explanation is the right one. Firstly, is his financial position that great?

I remember reading that he still had millions in savings/investments when he was in prison. Invested wisely that will generate a six figure income for life. 

Ultimately, its their life, but if my partner was trying to arrange sex with a child while our first born was a few weeks old, I'd not be as forgiving. Takes all sorts though!

The same dozen people saying the same stuff over and over for hundreds of pages in the Grealish thread.

I REALLY don't get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The same dozen people saying the same stuff over and over for hundreds of pages in the Grealish thread.

I REALLY don't get it.

I saw the Tammy thread was hot and with a certain amount of trepidation I went in just in case there was progress, but not, just as above. 

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â