Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly couldn't give a shit about another sports "franchise" owned by our billionaires, or the success they may or may not have.

It strikes me as every bit as awful as some of the particularly plastic Man City fans who "support" their entire sports group. I support a football team, not a global sports enterprise. 

The only other team our two owners own together is an e-sports team isn't it? Edens part owns some netball team but that is with someone else, so it isn't even really a global sports enterprise

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly couldn't give a shit about another sports "franchise" owned by our billionaires, or the success they may or may not have.

It strikes me as every bit as awful as some of the particularly plastic Man City fans who "support" their entire sports group. I support a football team, not a global sports enterprise. 

In the main I agree.

I suppose if you offered me two potential owners of the club. The first is a multi billionaire and the second is a multi billionaire who has experience in owning a sports team, I’d choose the latter.

And it would be encouraging that said sports team is doing well. Would help reassure me that the club I’m actually bothered about is in relatively safe hands.

But I agree about the clamour to get invested in every business decision the owners make as if it was solely Villa based.

I can remember reading a tweet or something of a Wolves supporter being happy at the news that Thomas Cook would occupy the premises where Villa’s store in the city centre was. Thomas Cook being part of Fosun, of course.

Despite that development ageing like milk, it was an example of this one-upmanship that now exists for some football supporters that takes place away from the clubs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I have pretty much zero interest in American sports, I actually can't compute why anyone does to be honest, but I now take a passing interest in The Cleveland Browns and The Bucks purely because of our owners.  As I don't have a team in those areas because of my lack of interest it's as good a reason as any. If I happen to see sports results or headlines from there I will look for the names is about as much as it gets though. 

I have been seeking out the Bucks playoff scores and hope they win though. 

However if The Bucks or Browns ever played a game in Birmingham for example, I don't see myself paying to go watch a game and I certainly wouldn't buy any merchandise. 

I noticed The Bucks on the tellybox the other day as I was flicking channels but watching basketball for more than about 60 seconds is an impossibility. 

• Like 1

Mallory Edens 

wolf of wall street omg GIF

Currently looking for her lost dog, tempted to go help

I'm not bothered by who else they own, not a basketball fan and Edens won't change that, if they bought an NFL team I'd probably take an interest but I wouldn't support them 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Currently looking for her lost dog, tempted to go help

She should spend more time looking after her dog instead of posing in her skimpies! 

Social media and how obsessed some people are. Now do not get me wrong, I have a Facebook and a Twitter but use them very sparingly; mainly just to keep with up with family and friends in the case of FB and keep up with the sports teams I follow via Twitter. I just have never understood how obsessed some people get and put literally every single thing they do on social media.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This. My sister is an example: wakes up in same bed as husband, has breakfast with husband, then posts "happy anniversary to my wonderful husband I love you very much" on facebook.

Just sayit to his face you silly bollox, stop posting it on facebook so people can see how "wonderful" your relationship is.

my mom gets offended if you dont do it! taken her out for lunch, gave her a card, present etc and at the end of the meal she asked "are you going to put happy birthday on facebook?" the look of disgust when i said no!

i can see why youngsters arent interested in it anymore

Never had any social media accounts. My missus once put my name on her account and I went mad . She’s opened up a Facebook account again but only uses it for business. One of my old mates once put a video of his young toddler playing in the bath. All innocent I know, but when you’ve got Gary Glitter liking your posts you know you’re in trouble. 

My sister-in-law,her daughter put on facebook that it was her mothers birthday and the mother got birthday wishes from people that she has never ever heard of.

So, what does that prove ? complete farce. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tegis said:

but I think my exact wording would be something like "fnngghhhffpllahhhhhhga"

Not sure how she'd respond to a conversation about food in the IKEA cafe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Speedway.

Used to be very big in Brum, mates at school used to go to watch the Speedway in Perry Barr all the time

I was never a fan but it seemed to me that the better riders would be the ones that placed higher than their position in the draw and the best riders did that consitently. Getting the inside line at the first corner seemed crucial

Morrissey and in particular how he's supposed to be some incredible artist and brilliant songwriter.

Just write a load of dour, depressing dirge and suddenly its all amazing

You have never been in love
Until you've seen the sunlight thrown
Over smashed human bone

**** off Morrissey you clearing in the woods.

I mean this is a better bloody lyric than that:

I'm dreaming away
Wishing that heroes, they truly exist
I cry, watching the days
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me

Morrissey is just a chancer.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â