Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why 'bollox'? I don't think anyone is making any medical or spiritual claims for its virtue, it's just something that bizarrely large amounts of people enjoy watching and/or listening to.

image.png.12406805ce4be91ba074821e7d3665fa.png

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not a fan . Can and will eat one, but if I never had one again in my life it wouldn’t bother me. 

Exactly how I feel about curries. 

I like spag bol sauce (a lot) but it's actual spaghetti I can't stand.  If I have to I generally shred the spaghetti to bits but ideally I would prefer it with some kind of smaller pasta. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

So ESSENTIALLY a load of utter bollox. 

You and the universe itself are literally made of frequencies (Energy , mass and frequency are all interchangeable)  

One frequency having an effect on another isn't utter bollox. It's pretty much the bedrock for QFT and the standard model.

10 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

You and the universe itself are literally made of frequencies (Energy , mass and frequency are all interchangeable)  

One frequency having an effect on another isn't utter bollox. It's pretty much the bedrock for QFT and the standard model.

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

frequency is not a thing. It's a rate of variation of a thing, not the thing itself. Like length (fnarr) isn't a thing, it's a measurement of a dimension of a thing. Frequency isn't interchangeable with Mass or Energy. It's also arguable whether Mass and Energy are totally interchangeable, given there is mass-less energy (bosons) - if E=MC2, then a boson can't have energy, but it does.

edit - mass is also a property of a thing, not the thing itself, obviously

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you like any kind of heat in your food? 

Don't mind Mexican occasionally, better than Indian, anyway. But even that I could do without. 

Just now, blandy said:

frequency is not a thing. It's a rate of variation of a thing, not the thing itself. Like length (fnarr) isn't a thing, it's a measurement of a dimension of a thing. Frequency isn't interchangeable with Mass or Energy. It's also arguable whether Mass and Energy are totally interchangeable, given there is mass-less energy (bosons) - if E=MC2, then a boson can't have energy, but it does.

There are no things . Just maths.    

When I say they are interchangeable I mean from a mathematical aspect. You can use any of the 3 variables in your calculations and still achieve the same results .  All are 3 are intrinsically linked at a fundamental level .  

That's got nothing to do with the fact that frequencies from one part of the field can effect mass and energy in other parts,

Listening to music at certain frequencies is scientifically proven to have physical effects on your body full of"things"

Just now, El Zen said:

¡Wow!

(Seriously, you should.) 

I probably will at some point but I just don’t think I’ll like it. Saying that I’d never had thought I’d have liked Indian food years ago. 

Samenas everything you can get some cheap horrible Mexican and some great stuff 

Don't go to chiquitos, ever, Las iguanas is better but not good, tortillas in grand Central is OK (albeit california) bodega is alright, IMO there's a massive gap in the market for Mexican takeaway 

What I haven't tried is WrapChic, seen it loada of times at brum Airport and I'm sure in the bull ring too now, Indian food mimicking burritos, sounds great on paper 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

It works in the other direction too . 

You can chose which word one you want to hear  via thought alone although the sound emitted is always the same..   Your physical brain works via electrical signals firing at different frequencies which releases measurable brain waves.

If you think about the word "Brainstorm" then that's the sound (frequency) your brain will be more resonant with.

If you think about "Green Needle" then same thing happens.

If you try to think of nothing you'll just keep hearing the the last word your brain was resonating with but the moment you think about the other word it will change instantly.

You can literally alter your own reality by what you think and it's all based upon sound science.

Edited by Brumerican

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

You know how small children have white noise to help them sleep? It’s kinda like that.

I still need noise to sleep! I can't stand utter silence at night. I usually have a fan on in the room, purely for the whirring noise. I find it relaxing. 

• Like 2

When you are in a really deep sleep your brain activity is producing a frequency of somewhere between 0.5 - 2ghz (Delta Waves) So in theory listening to sound at the same frequency should convince your brain to slow down to that level of activity but as with the Brainstorm/Green Needle demo there is an element of "you" playing along with the process via thinking about the desired outcome.   

Edited by Brumerican

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still need noise to sleep! I can't stand utter silence at night. I usually have a fan on in the room, purely for the whirring noise. I find it relaxing. 

Essentially that is pink noise, same as the sound of rain, or running water. Lots of people use those to aid sleep.

I'm not a big fan of silence at night either but I tend to put on some absolutely shit US tv or movie and bore myself to sleep

Â