Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

My mom just sent me a link to my cousins ASMR channel

Seriously what the **** is that bollocks? 

1500 people have watched her run her hand on her jeans for 10 minutes 

I know exactly who those people are

When I rub myself through my jeans, the local kindergarten call the old bill. 

One rule for one...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BOF said:

I bought a bottle of extra hot sriracha the other day and I've started putting it into basically everything I eat as a condiment. I'm only short of putting it on my cereal at this stage. I might have a problem.

Girl at work, did do the cereal with it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Is she doing it as a potential source of income? Or just for fun? Either way, why?

not a clue! 

No doubt my mom will end up being nosy and ask... Probably followed by asking what the **** is that all about

I'm not sure if it's better or worse than her trying to do make tutorials or some such shit 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, BOF said:

General concensus seems to be pubs make a huge amount of their profit from food. Alcohol is heavily taxed/levied and the margins are small.  Food OTOH has enormous margins and potential for profit. That and soft drinks which are even worse.

In the US at least, restaurants make much higher margins on alcohol than food.   Wine, in particular, at nicer restaurants is a huge profit center.   Prices are marked up to 2x or 3x cost, and the labor associated with selling a bottle is minimal.

ASMR is awesome.

Got a boring task which includes Microsoft office that requires attention?

ASMR

Need a wank at work, but you're elbow to elbow with business chads?

ASMR.

Thanks for that video @villa4europe, thank you VERY, VERY much...

(Oh god I hope she's not <16)

Edited by lapal_fan

I listen to ASMR most nights . Check out LIoyd, he’s one of my favourites at the moment . Also there’s a bloke called John Butler who’s not an ASMR artist, but he pulls in the ASMR crowd because of his lovely relaxing voice and peaceful vibes. 

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm partial to a bit of spaghetti and bolognaise myself.

One can only assume that you’re talking about Tagliatelle alla Bolognese or Tagliatelle al ragù alla Bolognese, even though every single word is incorrect.

Actually it’s better to maintain a distinction between the two, because Spaghetti Bolognese is a **** travesty.

Edited by fightoffyour

24 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Spaghetti Bolognese is a **** travesty.

Authentic Italian, it isn't. 

Part of my staple diet, it is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Authentic Italian, it isn't. 

Part of my staple diet, it is. 

And mine

Its a gateway to Italian (along with tinned meatballs obviously) easy to cook, tastes great and I'd be surprised if most of us didn't grow up with it or discover it first 

Mince + passata + garlic paste + just about any herb / spice and you can cook something from around the world 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What the actual heal is ASMR?

Autonomous sensory meridian response.

Describes a genre of content which aims to relax and soothe the viewer and in many cases can give odd 'tingle' sensation as you relax.

Usually done by attractive young women with whisper-y voices and can be as simple as basic repetitive noises (tapping, 'ssk' hiss sounds etc) or roleplays, usually involving some sort of personal interaction - haircut, suit fitting, eye exam etc.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, il_serpente said:

In the US at least, restaurants make much higher margins on alcohol than food.   Wine, in particular, at nicer restaurants is a huge profit center.   Prices are marked up to 2x or 3x cost, and the labor associated with selling a bottle is minimal.

Yeah restaurants would be different from pubs re- both food and alcohol. 

Â