Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, no, NO!! Stop it!! I don't care if you like it or don't like it. I don't care about the recipe. Just stop calling it "mac'n'cheese", FFS!! 

It's MACARONI CHEESE!!! 

The adjective “macaroni” there making the cheese either into small, narrow tube-shaped pieces or a certain flavour that pairs with this type of pasta.

Or the dish is called “macaroni and cheese”.

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, no, NO!! Stop it!! I don't care if you like it or don't like it. I don't care about the recipe. Just stop calling it "mac'n'cheese", FFS!! 

It's MACARONI CHEESE!!! 

I love mac and cheese. Especially when I get take out. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's MACARONI CHEESE!!! 

I'm partial to a bit of spaghetti and bolognaise myself.

Quite keen on tikka and masala too.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm partial to a bit of spaghetti and bolognaise myself.

Quite keen on tikka and masala too.

What about spaghetti meatballs?

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

I bought a bottle of extra hot sriracha the other day and I've started putting it into basically everything I eat as a condiment. I'm only short of putting it on my cereal at this stage. I might have a problem.

I'm going through the range of the flying goose brand, finished the with mustard one yesterday and opened up the with extra garlic one, also got the extra kaffir leaf one which is a lot better than I thought it would be

Hoi sin up next and then one day I'll grow a pair and get the black super hot one, I've done the extra hot one and it's good

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Do pubs make money on food.

Go to Greene Kind, kebab skewer £9. Huge chunks of steak, plate bigger than my torso, salad, chips, flat bread.

I love a gourmet meal but you can't beat that price!

General concensus seems to be pubs make a huge amount of their profit from food. Alcohol is heavily taxed/levied and the margins are small.  Food OTOH has enormous margins and potential for profit. That and soft drinks which are even worse.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

I bought a bottle of extra hot sriracha the other day and I've started putting it into basically everything I eat as a condiment. I'm only short of putting it on my cereal at this stage. I might have a problem.

Same with me and my chilli explosion grinder, even went on the roast last Sunday. Not good but once bitten can not eat without it as everything tastes so bland. Not good for white boxer days either 

7 hours ago, BOF said:

You do. Stop eating cereal. You're a grown up.

• Haha 4

Â