Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The smart money is on Mr Martin’s lack of socks.

I didn't realise it was Chris Martin

Bicks needs some new material

I'm in the video for fix you, was a gig at the Bolton stadium on a Sunday night, elbow supporting

The Saturday night was oasis in the city of manachester stadium 

It was that much of a come down from the energy and crowd of the night before that I never saw them again, right miserable 6ft 10" **** with an umbrella stood right in front of me but because no one was moving or jumping or anything I couldn't find a way to get round him 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm in the video for fix you, was a gig at the Bolton stadium on a Sunday night, elbow supporting

The Saturday night was oasis in the city of manachester stadium 

It was that much of a come down from the energy and crowd of the night before that I never saw them again, right miserable 6ft 10" **** with an umbrella stood right in front of me but because no one was moving or jumping or anything I couldn't find a way to get round him 

I'd rather admit to liking Queen  , than admitting I was in a Coldplay video

I always think of Coldplay as  a band for people that don't like music , people that kinda only have 2 CD's in their collection parachutes and 21 by Adele 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I'd rather admit to being a serial killer  than admitting I was in a Coldplay video

I always think of Coldplay as  a band for people that don't like music , people that kinda only have 2 CD's in their collection parachutes and 21 by Adele 

I always think that of people that own U2 albums. If its nestled between a couple of greats, then that can change my mind but if I get in a car and its U2, then I think, just turn the **** stereo off. 
As a side note, anyone gets in my car and I have music I love playing, they naturally assume I hate music. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I always think that of people that own U2 albums. If its nestled between a couple of greats, then that can change my mind but if I get in a car and its U2, then I think, just turn the **** stereo off. 
As a side note, anyone gets in my car and I have music I love playing, they naturally assume I hate music. 

first thing my brother does when he gets in my car is moan about whatever song is playing

other than in his younger days   , he has pretty much been to one gig in his life .... Coldplay   , sorry bruv but you don't get to criticise   .. mind you he also went veggie when he had a veggie girlfriend so he's one of those people that does things just to get laid :D

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Coldplay's 2nd Album is to Echo and the Bunnymen what Stiltskin is to Nirvana

Did Embrace go down this route as well or were they just heavily influenced by Coldplay. Going to sully myself by looking at Embraces wiki.  

Fourth album had a Coldplay song on it. Thats maybe where I am getting it from. 

Edited by Seat68

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Did Embrace go down this route as well or were they just heavily influenced by Coldplay. Going to sully myself by looking at Embraces wiki.  

No idea because they were always filed under shite in my mental filing cabinet. They go in the same recycling bin as modern advertisements

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Embrace were before Coldplay (I think “come back to what you know” pre dates Coldplay by a couple of years?).

But they were quickly surpassed by Martin and his pals, so yeah they probably had an influence after the fact. I think I’m right in thinking Martin wrote a song (“Gravity”?) and gave it to them which turned out to be a moderately sized hit for Embrace.

• Like 2

A quick check and I do own an Embrace single, my weakness is none of your business. I think I own at least 3 recordings by Coldplay. Yellow, Parachutes and Shiver. 

I own much worse than that though. 

Edited by Seat68

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Embrace were before Coldplay (I think “come back to what you know” pre dates Coldplay by a couple of years?).

But they were quickly surpassed by Martin and his pals, so yeah they probably had an influence after the fact. I think I’m right in thinking Martin wrote a song (“Gravity”?) and gave it to them which turned out to be a moderately sized hit for Embrace.

Yeah exactly that, gravity went to number 1 I think and was written by Martin and embrace had a bit of a comeback, their album with good good people and come back to what you know was the one though, good album 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Coldplay's 2nd Album is to Echo and the Bunnymen what Stiltskin is to Nirvana

I liked inside by stiltskin when I was a boy and it was on Now 93 or something like that, been wracking my brain for years as to what they were called

1 minute ago, useless said:

And Embrace were more seen as Oasis wannabees.

If you disliked Oasis there was a period in the 90s where music got really awful. Bands wanted to be Oasis and that blueprint isnt a good starting point. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m record shopping in Chester tomorrow, these are all great recommendations!

It's probably all you'll find in Chester :mrgreen:

Not true really. Brook Street is where you want to go. Grey and Pink have a huge selection of 2nd hand. I think there are a few others on that street now too but Grey and Pink has been there for ages

• Like 1

Â