Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Just now, sidcow said:

People who don't have locks on their toilet door.  What's wrong with you? Are you just sexual frigging deviants? 

Come on,  not even a barrel bolt? Weirdos. 

In our mansion we all have separate toilets. Toilet Locks are for the servants

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

My local Sainsburys has put a sushi bar in but got rid of the meat and fish counter, which really pissed me off.  How can a supermarket not have a butchery and fish bit?  I'm tempted to just ask for 12 lots of salmon sushi but ask them to leave out the rice and seaweed.

I blame shoppers, including myself, who haven't got a clue how to order meat and fish from a butcher

"can I have this cut and this weight please" or even "Im making stew tonight what meat do I need?" I'm going straight to the packaged meat 

Same with the deli, forget "can I have 8 slices of the good ham" not knowing how much it will weigh and therefore cost and wait for someone to do it for me when I can walk down the aisle and pick up a £1.50 pack of ham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

:)^_^:oB):popcorn::P:D:(:angry::wub::mellow::unsure::huh:B):rolleyes:-_-<_<:unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r::blush::excl::mrgreen::twisted::detect::crylaugh::clap::puke::suspect::thumb::bang::lol:

:hooray::wave::flag::offtopic::rant::spam::trollface:

Why can't I use these bad boys with my phone or tablet?   Always crashes the post.   I can only use them with my computer.

Either

• Your phone is rubbish or
  • You are rubbish :mrgreen:

Posted from my rather old iPad to prove a point. In fact they load significantly faster on my phone or tablet that they do on any Windohs computer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I blame shoppers, including myself, who haven't got a clue how to order meat and fish from a butcher

"can I have this cut and this weight please" or even "Im making stew tonight what meat do I need?" I'm going straight to the packaged meat 

Same with the deli, forget "can I have 8 slices of the good ham" not knowing how much it will weigh and therefore cost and wait for someone to do it for me when I can walk down the aisle and pick up a £1.50 pack of ham 

We were discussing that very thing over lunch today. I was reminiscing about how good French supermarkets were, compared to here. If I wanted some steak mince, they'd mince it for me on the spot, weight to my specification. Not a chance here. And there are no actual butchers' shops anywhere near here. 

Edited by mjmooney

Just now, mjmooney said:

We were discussing that very thinh.g over lunch today. I was reminiscing about how good French supermarkets were, compared to here. If I wanted some steak mince, they'd mince it for me on the spot, weight to my specification. Not a chance here. And there are no actual butchers' shops anywhere near here. 

We actually do have a Butchers shop in Formby but it is shite, even though it thinks its up market. Half of what it sells is covered in a sauce or marinated (and yes that meat is shite.) They don't appear to do any actual butchering in store. The mince is already minced, the chops are already chopped etc And its WAY more expensive than even Waitrose. I never set foot in the place. At least in Waitrose they will within reason cut a joint of meat to size.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

People who don't have locks on their toilet door.  What's wrong with you? Are you just sexual **** deviants? 

Come on,  not even a barrel bolt? Weirdos. 

I don't. I even shit with the bathroom door open sometimes. 

No wonder I live alone. 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We were discussing that very thing over lunch today. I was reminiscing about how good French supermarkets were, compared to here. If I wanted some steak mince, they'd mince it for me on the spot, weight to my specification. Not a chance here. And there are no actual butchers' shops anywhere near here. 

I don't think that's a service id ever use either 

My mother in law worked in a butchers in her 20s so she can order specific cuts of meat depending  on what she's cooking, that knowledge is dying out 

The beef that I buy to make beef and broccoli Chinese style or to make beef stew is the same beef, I know its wrong but invariably it's the cheapest pack of beef I can find, mince I again go as cheap as possible or go lowest fat content, the butcher can't compete with tesco packaged mince and rightly or wrongly I believe that the flavours of the rest of the recipe and some basic cooking skill will cover up using the wrong meat 

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Either

• Your phone is rubbish or
  • You are rubbish :mrgreen:

Posted from my rather old iPad to prove a point. In fact they load significantly faster on my phone or tablet that they do on any Windohs computer

This is what I've been telling everyone from his first post..

@mods - can you finally ban him please? 

We actually do have a Butchers shop in Formby but it is shite, even though it thinks its up market. Half of what it sells is covered in a sauce or marinated (and yes that meat is shite.) They don't appear to do any actual butchering in store. The mince is already minced, the chops are already chopped etc And its WAY more expensive than even Waitrose. I never set foot in the place. At least in Waitrose they will within reason cut a joint of meat to size.

The one on Withington high street, South Manchester, I wanted a pork knuckle as I'd just come back from Munich where I ate one and fancied some delicious slow cooked meat with an entire circumference of crispy crackling.

"Do you have pork knuckles?"
"No."
"What have you done with them then?"

Oh, ok. So you're not actually a butchers, just a meat counter with a few blokes wearing pre-stained stripey aprons selling marinated crap cuts. **** off.

• Like 2

Is it me just not knowing the place as well as I think I know the place but there is a distinct lack of pubs in Formby. I want to say 3 but again it might be my lack of knowledge. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is it me just not knowing the place as well as I think I know the place but there is a distinct lack of pubs in Formby. I want to say 3 but again it might be my lack of knowledge. 

Nah there's plenty more

The Cross House

The U-Boat (Sorry Lifeboat - renamed by us because it sunk every other pub and bar in the village - BrexitPub chain)

The Freshfield

The Village Bin (Sorry Inn - but you you get the Picture)

The Pinewoods

The Beer Station

The Railway

The Royal

The Grapes

The Tin Shack (new)

Woodwards

The Baby Eaters Club

The one my mate used to own that has changed name and I forget 

I think that's it but there may be a micro I've forgotten about

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nah there's plenty more

The Cross House

The U-Boat (Sorry Lifeboat - renamed by us because it sunk every other pub and bar in the village - BrexitPub chain)

The Freshfield

The Village Bin (Sorry Inn - but you you get the Picture)

The Pinewoods

The Beer Station

The Railway

The Royal

The Grapes

The Tin Shack (new)

Woodwards

The Baby Eaters Club

The one my mate used to own that has changed name and I forget 

I think that's it but there may be a micro I've forgotten about

If you aren’t making them up. That is way more than I have seen. Maybe I only make it as far as The Railway and think, that will do. 

My neighbour and the landlord of that property. 

Both seem to enjoy the habit of sitting in their cars outside with the engine on for no **** reason and I find it baffling. Am I naive, is there a weird reason why this would happen? The first time it happened, the landlord in their car was just driving slowly into and out of the garage - then pausing, we are talking over 30 minutes here, with the engine just running. It's so annoying. This was also late at night, so we're in bed and you know when you're just waiting for a paused car to bugger off, the constant sound of an engine not going anywhere is really annoying. But how do you ask this person - 'why the **** do you just sit in a car and not go anywhere - could you at least invest in an electric car or something'

But the baffling part is when the new tenant came in to the property. He does it too :blink:

Is this a car thing? I have no idea.

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If you aren’t making them up. That is way more than I have seen. Maybe I only make it as far as The Railway and think, that will do. 

The Railway is one of the pubs on its own, it requires further exercise to make it to one of the others. It's not a bad boozer but I prefer the Cross House or The freshfield. The Freshy is best but its right at the far end of Formby (I used to live two doors away), Mr Klopp can often be spotted having a pint in the Freshy

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Railway is one of the pubs on its own, it requires further exercise to make it to one of the others. It's not a bad boozer but I prefer the Cross House or The freshfield. The Freshy is best but its right at the far end of Formby (I used to live two doors away), Mr Klopp can often be spotted having a pint in the Freshy

This is why I didnt think there were many pubs, we walk from Formby point and unless I am wrong, thats the closest. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

This is why I didnt think there were many pubs, we walk from Formby point and unless I am wrong, thats the closest. 

It is but a bunch of them are just at the other end of Duke Street from the Station

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Is there really one called The Baby Eaters' Club?    :)

• Haha 1

Â