Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

People who watch soaps are dealing with issues of their own.

**** off mate.

I watch loads of soaps, Imperial Leather being the absolute peak of them. 

Shout out to Pears transparent soap and Dove pink beauty bar... Start out strong, but really tail off towards the end. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why people want spoilers ahead of time for shows they watch.  Like now for a prime example, there are Game of Thrones snippets doing the rounds.  I love that show.  Why on earth would I want it spoiled before I see it?  I've been living for season 8.  Even the trailers take away from viewing the episode to some degree, because I can't help myself from letting my mind run wild with theories, so I'm then expecting something to happen that I've conjured up, which distracts from just watching the show.  I really don't get it. 

And shows that end each episode with "Next time on..." clips. Has me frantically grabbing the remote to stop it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

And shows that end each episode with "Next time on..." clips. Has me frantically grabbing the remote to stop it. 

YES!  I knew there was something I forgot to mention.  Exactly that.  Or even worse than that, when the absolute spunktrumpet who introduces your show as it's about to start "And now it's time for X, where Y goes on a journey to find Z".  Are you **** kidding me?  There should be a broadcasting standards trebuchet for punishment for people who do that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

**** off mate.

I watch loads of soaps, Imperial Leather being the absolute peak of them. 

Shout out to Pears transparent soap and Dove pink beauty bar... Start out strong, but really tail off towards the end.

Wright's coal tar or you're a jessie.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2019 at 21:05, Xela said:

I loved it as a kid. I just had loose lego and used my imagination. My Mom said it would keep me quiet for hours !

Yeah and we know all about your imagination !

BTooxfoh.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

BTooxfoh.jpg

My daughter's best mate is a junior doctor who currently works in pediatric A&E, and she says THE single most common case she deals with is kids who've shoved things (including Lego) up their bum. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

BTooxfoh.jpg

The lego was fine.

It was when I started shoving scaletrix cars up there, is what worried my parents. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The lego was fine.

It was when I started shoving scaletrix cars up there, is what worried my parents. 

I bet they were shitting bricks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Darts is definately up there. And pet birds in cages. 

Oh, darts is fine. To play. Watching it, though? Nah, can't see the appeal. Same with snooker. 

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Light switches on the outside of the room

So you can turn the light on before you go in, you want to walk into an unfamiliar room and be scrabbling about in a dark room with no windows feeling for the switch?

Do you want the light switch on the inside of a bath/shower room?

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Light switches on the outside of the room

Do you mean bathrooms in particular? The “main” light is operated by a light switch outside the bathroom in my house (I have an additional shaver light thing above my mirror which is switched on by a little pull chord). Switches located outside a bathroom are to do with reducing the risk of wet fingers touching the switch. 

Whether that extra second or two helps dry the hands to significantly reduce the chance of electrocution is debatable. But ultimately it’s a safety thing. You could have a chord light switch set up inside instead.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

So you can turn the light on before you go in, you want to walk into an unfamiliar room and be scrabbling about in a dark room with no windows feeling for the switch?

Do you want the light switch on the inside of a bath/shower room?

Most definitely. I don't want someone turning the light off when I'm in there.

• Like 1

Â