Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have just stumbled across the program Just Tattoo Of Us, which has the basic premise of two friends designing each other tattoos (aimed to be horrific) and then have them done without knowing what they’re getting permanently put on their skin!

why would anyone do this!?!?

no surprises but they all end up pissed off and hating each other - utter cockwombles 

This is what passes for entertainment in 2018. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have just stumbled across the program Just Tattoo Of Us, which has the basic premise of two friends designing each other tattoos (aimed to be horrific) and then have them done without knowing what they’re getting permanently put on their skin!

no surprises but they all end up pissed off and hating each other - utter cockwombles 

The name of that show definitely came before the premise.

• Like 2

On 22/11/2018 at 17:26, BOF said:

You'd love the "Angelus" over here.  Our evening news is always at 6:01pm, because the Angelus is one minute of religious bollocks at 6pm with various people taking a moment from what they're doing to stare up at the sky (where god lives) to the 'tune' of church bells and other religious imagery.  It's, eh, 'from a different time'.

Was TV in 2002 really that shit quality!?

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Kate Bush. 

Absolutely **** doolally.  I figured she's for the kind of people who read their horoscopes and believe in ghosts.

On 29/11/2018 at 06:18, theboyangel said:

I watched one episode of this and the dude was a massive Rangers fan and the girl told them to do a big Celtic logo on his thigh. He was fuming. What an unbelievable arsehole you'd have to be to do that to a mate

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I watched one episode of this and the dude was a massive Rangers fan and the girl told them to do a big Celtic logo on his thigh. He was fuming. What an unbelievable arsehole you'd have to be to do that to a mate

But what an idiot to agree to go on the show in the first place - no sympathy from me :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

But what an idiot to agree to go on the show in the first place - no sympathy from me :) 

I reckon some will do pretty much anything for a bit of fame. Jeremy Kyle's show proves dignity can be bought for a stop over in a hotel, a bit of tv exposure and a few freebies in the green room. That arsewipe mick philpott being a prime example. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People who go abroad over Xmas. I know people who do it all the time. Couldn’t think of anything worse to do, and you couldn’t pay me to do it. 

Certainly wouldn't go anywhere hot. Scandinavia or Germany might be good though, they know how to do a good Christmas - and there's a better chance of snow than there is here. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Certainly wouldn't go anywhere hot. Scandinavia or Germany might be good though, they know how to do a good Christmas - and there's a better chance of snow than there is here. 

Just have stated, not somewhere hot. My arm may be twisted if there was loads of snow, but I like my home comforts at xmas. Being somewhere sunny and hot over Xmas would be horrible. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People who go abroad over Xmas. I know people who do it all the time. Couldn’t think of anything worse to do, and you couldn’t pay me to do it. 

If it were possible I'd hibernate for the two months leading up to it. In retirement, I have a dream of weekly food deliveries and the postman delivering records to me. I would return to the world on Jan 1st. The idea of having another countries version of Xmas also doesn't interest me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it were possible I'd hibernate for the two months leading up to it. In retirement, I have a dream of weekly food deliveries and the postman delivering records to me. I would return to the world on Jan 1st. The idea of having another countries version of Xmas also doesn't interest me

It’s my favourite time of year. Absolutely love it. I went into the shop this morning, and it was all Christmassy. Gave me a lovely feeling. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

The fact the British music-buying public have yet again purchased shitloads of Take That's new "album", making it an 8th number 1 LP for a horrendously over rated bunch of sickly sweet cabbages.

They suck more than a million Henry vacuums.

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nutter who is pretty much stoned 24/7, this idea that she's "reclusive" and suffers from terrible stage fright is nonsense, she's just a bad stoner

That's OK, I don't really care about her lifestyle or personality. I just don't get her music - which a lot of people my age do. In fact I have a mate who shares my musical tastes almost completely, except that he's a HUGE Kate Bush fan. She just sounds like fingernails down a blackboard to me. 

Â