Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

People who go for runs first thing in the morning. Are they insane?

No. One of life's great pleasures. One of the few things I miss about having a job is my Friday morning seven mile run in to work. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No. One of life's great pleasures. One of the few things I miss about having a job is my Friday morning seven mile run in to work. 

It takes my body about an hour to shake of all the aches and pains I get. I couldn't imagine doing that!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

one of my mates does it, runs from kiddy to netherton to work every day, crazy thing is his wife works there too and she drives...saturday he ran from kiddy to wyre forest, did the 5k park run then ran home

i havent got the mentality to keep going, find it boring, fancied a run after football last night (school holidays kid playing it was a bit easy and shit) but i dont think i even made it to 1km before i lost the urge and went home

On 11/08/2018 at 22:21, rjw63 said:

Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

I just got an Amazon email informing me this shite is in its FIFTEENTH SEASON.

Seriously, who watches this **** bilge year after year???

Totally agree.

Although seeing as you're the minister for cleavage, I would've thought you to be in promotion of a show where the only prerequisite seems to be a boob job.

On 24/08/2018 at 00:08, mjmooney said:

You, my friend, are a nutter. Just kidding, that's awesome. I frequently walk that in a day, hoping to turn it into running.

On 23/08/2018 at 15:46, maqroll said:

It takes my body about an hour to shake of all the aches and pains I get. I couldn't imagine doing that!

I go to the gym first thing in the morning on a work day.

You'd probably find that exercise is the best way to shake off those aches and pains!

But seriously, it's not for everyone, but if you want to exercise and can motivate yourself to do it firs thing, it's amazing. Wakes you up, and you can relax all day knowing that your exercise is done and out of the way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was in that London recently, fairly early in the morning. I was stood outside an office and three jogging blokes rocked up, did some warming down shit and then proceeded to give each other a clap. With one announcing, 'great run guys, now let's hit the work'. Or something similar.

I don't think i'd ever felt so depressed.

My run to work Fridays weren't like that. 

Run in. Get a shower. Hit the canteen for a full English. Simulate 'work' till lunchtime. Down the pub with my mates. Coffee and VT away the afternoon. Walk down to Waterstones to buy a book or two. Bus home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

People who buy celebrity autographs. 

Quite apart from the fact that the vast majority of them are forgeries, surely the whole point of an autograph is as a souvenir of meeting a famous person? Where's the attraction of somebody else's souvenir of meeting them? 

Agreed. 

Always thought it was bit odd. 

The autograph itself is baffling to me anyway. I feel the same about celebrity photos aswell.

Here's my memento of when I hassled this person!

I know who I've met and where I don't need or want a memento to prove it to others

• Like 4

A bloke I used to work with had a dodgy memorabilia business on the side (he couldn't even spell memorabilia correctly on his business cards, it was something like memobilla) and he was so irritatingly pushy with it, to shut him up I gave in and bought a Villa shirt with a fake Gareth Barry autograph on it for about 50 quid.  It must be one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Think the only autograph I’ve ever had is Nobby Stiles and that was after my dad met him at an after dinner. 

It’s not really for me, having said that I did find myself having my picture taken with Brian Little last year (although I was kinda coaxed into asking him, I didn’t want to put him out), so I guess I’m susceptible to it occasionally.

13 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

The autograph itself is baffling to me anyway. I feel the same about celebrity photos aswell.

Here's my memento of when I hassled this person!

I know who I've met and where I don't need or want a memento to prove it to others

Apart from the hassling thing, is it any different to taking a lot of photos on your holliday?

Was going through an old box of my wife's stuff from early on in our relationship.  She doesn't like football.  She had a signed picture of Paul Merson in our NTL pink strip.

The divorce papers are on their way in the post. 

I mean, yea.. she would have been about 12 at the time.. but still. 

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Was going through an old box of my wife's stuff from early on in our relationship.  She doesn't like football.  She had a signed picture of Paul Merson in our NTL pink strip.

The divorce papers are on their way in the post. 

I mean, yea.. she would have been about 12 at the time.. but still. 

Similarly I was going through some old stuff when I was in the UK last week. I found two signed pictures of Juan Pablo Angel and Thomas Hitzlsperger. I have no recollection of meeting either, nor do I remember where they came from. 

• Like 1

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

Similarly I was going through some old stuff when I was in the UK last week. I found two signed pictures of Juan Pablo Angel and Thomas Hitzlsperger. I have no recollection of meeting either, nor do I remember where they came from. 

It must have been a special moment in your dismal life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â