Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On 29/07/2018 at 12:53, Shropshire Lad said:

On a similar blokey trait that I don’t get. Go karting.

I’m rubbish at it, I don’t like it. I think it’s boring to watch when you’re not taking part, don’t like the sweaty crash helmet and the suit thing you have to wear. 

Thankfully I only have to deal with it on stag do’s. As it only ever rears it’s ugly head on such occasions, I can only assume other people feel the same way about it, otherwise they’d do it more often.

Go karting, paint balling and quad biking - stag activities I dread!

What happened to a good old weekend away in Margate and paying for a roly poly dancer to sit on the stags face?! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You still get your card swiped in America and a friend of mine from there was shocked when I showed them contactless payment.

You'd expect America to be ahead of the curve in stuff like this, not using primitive methods from 1997.

The US has just a fragmented and disjointed banking system, it'll take years to sort out. 

21 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You still get your card swiped in America and a friend of mine from there was shocked when I showed them contactless payment.

You'd expect America to be ahead of the curve in stuff like this, not using primitive methods from 1997.

We’ve slowly moved over to chip now. No pin though just shove your card in at 80% of places.

Applepay is fairly ubiquitous these days but I’m too paranoid to use it. *old man alert

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

American banking and paying for stuff is really old fashioned compared to ours.  I was quite shocked when I was over there. Well, not shocked.. I couldn't have give less of a shit, but I did think "we have contactless back home". 

I'm really sorry for going completely, utterly and disgracefully over the top in my description of the event. :( 

No excuse, you are pure scum. 

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2014 at 19:43, wazzap24 said:

Them earrings people are wearing that make really big holes in your ears.

Nearly four years on from this post, yesterday I saw an absolute hottie in the local shop. A literal 12/10 stone-cold-stunner.

Then I noticed one of her ear lobes was practically brushing the top of her shoulder and the hole in her ear was the size of a tennis ball.

I still don't get it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Nearly four years on from this post, yesterday I saw an absolute hottie in the local shop. A literal 12/10 stone-cold-stunner.

Then I noticed one of her ear lobes was practically brushing the top of her shoulder and the hole in her ear was the size of a tennis ball.

I still don't get it.

Yeah, they're awful. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who tattoo their faces. 

I once saw a homeless person begging in the streets who had clearing in the woods (the four letter word - for clarity) tattoo'd on his forehead. Big letters all the way across (not done by a professional)

His cardboard sign said, unemployed, can’t get a job...

Not sure if he ever realised why he was unemployed

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I once saw a homeless person begging in the streets who had clearing in the woods (the four letter word - for clarity) tattoo'd on his forehead. Big letters all the way across (not done by a professional)

Ah, the Small Heath fan identification programme. I heard it's their way of replacing season tickets. Very modern.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Ah, the Small Heath fan identification programme. I heard it's their way of replacing season tickets. Very modern.

Actually, it was the best part of 20 years ago in Manchester

2 hours ago, bickster said:

This guy I saw was just sitting on a wall on Friday afternoon necking a can of Monster. I mean, he may be gainfully employed, but if I had to stake any money on it I'd say he wasn't. Plus a tattooed face would rule you out of 95% of jobs straight away as no way would the vast majority of employers take you on. Whether that is right or wrong is another matter but you will never get a mainstream job.

I always wonder about the thought process someone goes through before having a serpent inked onto your cheek and forehead. 

23 hours ago, Xela said:

I always wonder about the thought process someone goes through before having a serpent inked onto your cheek and forehead. 

I imagine the thought process is something like "this is really good ketamine. I wonder what I'll do now?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

I just got an Amazon email informing me this shite is in its FIFTEENTH SEASON.

Seriously, who watches this **** bilge year after year???

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

I just got an Amazon email informing me this shite is in its FIFTEENTH SEASON.

Seriously, who watches this **** bilge year after year???

People living vicariously through them. It’s quite sad.

• 2 weeks later...
Â