Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Do you have to read every post?

Between us all we cover it. I was just making a funny :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Why riders get so much credit for the stuff their horses do

It’s basically a self driving vehicle isn’t it, with a little bit of user correction now and then

Give the medal to the horse!

Yep and they should also get the post event interview too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant understand how people can watch shows like Coronation St,Young and restless and Home and away etc etc etc.I mean,when they start watching,they have already missed about 3,000 episodes and when they die they will miss another 3,000 episodes or so.Dont people realise that they missed the start and they wont be around for the end ?!

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I cant understand how people can watch shows like Coronation St,Young and restless and Home and away etc etc etc.I mean,when they start watching,they have already missed about 3,000 episodes and when they die they will miss another 3,000 episodes or so.Dont people realise that they missed the start and they wont be around for the end ?!

I saw the start of Coronation Street. 

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Your problem there is the belief that anything that came before actually matters, or anything that comes next... Thats what I think people like, you can miss a couple of episodes or even weeks and it means nothing because it's completely pointless throw away TV that you can be hooked by without having to be invested in 

The writing is one up from the WWE, to be fair the attitude era WWE was probably better 

Of course it’s not how it would work, but regarding those who write soaps, I like to picture a young, ambitious writer arriving at the BBC in the mid 80’s, being told that there’s this character called “Ian Beale” and he’s responsible for providing the storylines for this character.

And I like to picture the same writer 35 years later, now in his 60’s, sat at a typewriter, endlessly smoking, a bottle of whiskey on the go, at his wits end, surrounded by whiteboards with potential stories crossed out because they’ve all been done. Headshots of Adam Woodyatt looking down on him, as he wonders how he can get him to fall out with Phil Mitchell yet again.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I’d watch Eastenders all day long before I watched some guy dressed as an off brand Alice Cooper pretend to fight a knock off Gene Simmons whilst a crowd of 30 year old male virgins with home made posters all clap in time to someone’s Run DMC theme tune.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

It's just so normal people can watch TV characters lead miserable and stressful lives on the show, so it takes away the pain of their own pitiful existence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

It's just so normal people can watch TV characters lead miserable and stressful lives on the show, so it takes away the pain of their own pitiful existence. 

Idiots! Don't they know that you can achieve the same effect more thoroughly by being the member of a football forum?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Idiots! Don't they know that you can achieve the same effect more thoroughly by being the member of a football forum?

Exactly. Just go on the Grealish thread! 

• Like 1

Â