Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think I understand why there's a queue of lads in tight T-shirts six deep outside the barbers in Kidderminster town centre at five past nine on a Friday morning, but on a deeper level I don't get it all.

Need that fresh fade for when they throw Carling over each other when England score*

*maybe

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Need that fresh fade for when they throw Carling over each other when England score*

*maybe

Or go scrapping when they don't... 

Or do knowing kiddy, either way they're going scrapping 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Peter Crouch having this media career. 

He's not particularly funny and he's not a natural presenter. It's all just a bit weird. 

Its OK, all part of the plan, his target audience aren't what I'd call natural anything

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Peter Crouch having this media career. 

He's not particularly funny and he's not a natural presenter. It's all just a bit weird. 

Whose book is quite funny in all fairness Probably didn’t write it himself mind

Yeah I'm fairly new to it, but the Peter Crouch podcast is very good.

I disagree that he isn't funny. He's hilarious on that.

Helps that I like Chris Stark too

I was going to post this in “the game’s gone” thread but frankly the wide range of people doing this means it’s better suited here.

Based on my initial research, Michael is around the mid price range there I think. Gary Busey is charging £262.50 (and frankly I wouldn’t trust him to stick to the script). Vanilla Ice is £299.25.

Naturally, this being fairly shameless, Farage is available for £75. Or alternatively you can save yourself £11.25 and hear from Didi Conn who played beauty school drop out Frenchy in “Grease”.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Naturally, this being fairly shameless, Farage is available for £75. Or alternatively you can save yourself £11.25 and hear from Didi Conn who played beauty school drop out Frenchy in “Grease”.

That's my birthday sorted then. Thanks! 👍👍

Seriously, I've had a look at this and you can get a personal message from James Buckley from The Inbetweeners. 

My lad is taking his driving test soon. I'm seriously thinking about asking for a message congratulating him on passing his test and asking if he can now be his car friend.

He would go mental for that.  

It's only £42.75.  Seems like value to me. 

Some people can just never get enough money.

I can never understand multi-millionaires who sell out and take money to do adverts, especially for shit companies.  David Schwimmer has earned hundreds of millions of dollars from Friends, nevermind the rest of his work. Is it really worth being a shill for TSB? I'd be **** ashamed. 

I subscribe to the Bill Hicks philosophy really. Once you take the marketting dollar, you've been bought and paid for, and every word you say is suspect. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seriously, I've had a look at this and you can get a personal message from James Buckley from The Inbetweeners. 

My lad is taking his driving test soon. I'm seriously thinking about asking for a message congratulating him on passing his test and asking if he can now be his car friend.

He would go mental for that.  

It's only £42.75.  Seems like value to me. 

But for £75 you can get Al from “Home Improvement”.

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can never understand multi-millionaires who sell out and take money to do adverts, especially for shit companies.  David Schwimmer has earned hundreds of millions of dollars from Friends, nevermind the rest of his work. Is it really worth being a shill for TSB? I'd be **** ashamed. 

I subscribe to the Bill Hicks philosophy really. Once you take the marketting dollar, you've been bought and paid for, and every word you say is suspect. 

I saw George Clooney in a Warburtons one the other day which was bizarre.

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong in using your fame for advertising, as long as it's ethical. Fame can be fickle and you never know when it's over. 

But I really can't fathom Ant and Dec promoting online gambling, and heavily too. 

Even if I was loaded, I think I'd say go on then if someone offered me a hundred odd quid to spend 30 seconds reading a few sentences out loud into my phone. Especially if it was usually something nice or funny and you know it's going to be pleasantly received. It would be like offering one of you lot a fiver to wish someone happy birthday, whilst it wouldn't be life changing money I doubt many would say no. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Even if I was loaded, I think I'd say go on then if someone offered me a hundred odd quid to spend 30 seconds reading a few sentences out loud into my phone. Especially if it was usually something nice or funny and you know it's going to be pleasantly received. It would be like offering one of you lot a fiver to wish someone happy birthday, whilst it wouldn't be life changing money I doubt many would say no. 

It must be an easy way of making money for sure.  I think I would enjoy spending a morning doing that more than a couple of days shooting an advert for some nonsense product. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's that quite annoying thing that American celebs are willing to do embarrassing adverts in the UK for huge money because they know no-one at home - which is all that actually matters - will ever see it. See also Kevin bacon, Harvey keitel, etc. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's that quite annoying thing that American celebs are willing to do embarrassing adverts in the UK for huge money because they know no-one at home - which is all that actually matters - will ever see it. See also Kevin bacon, Harvey keitel, etc. 

Japan used to pay huge sums for American stars to appear in adverts, knowing they would never be seen in the US either. 

• Like 1

Â