Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was sat in my car once and some woman drove into it ... I got out and looked at the damage and she said to me “can I help you” 

said to her you just drove into my car and she denied it and accused me off trying to scam her , she said I have collusion detectors and cameras on my car and know I didn’t hit you... when I pointed out the white paint down the side of my car ( her car was white) and the black paint on her car (my colour ) she said no that black paint was from an accident I had the other day and then she walked off

My first thought was to go into a shop and buy something large and smash her windscreen with it , but rest assured there would have suddenly been about 69,012 witnesses at that point , so in the end she got away with it ...I had to take the hit on the repair .

I’m just hoping she died in agony of some disease  having just watched both her children having been eaten by a T-Rex

I had similar, I wa stationary as in traffic and as traffic started ahead, the bloke behind went into me (I was situated between a slip road and the main as just entering junction). We pulled over and he said “sorry I was watching that dog hang out the window”. He asked whether wanted to pay direct or via insurance, my car was relatively new so I wanted to go via insurance which he accepted. However, to his insurance he said I pulled out of the junction into his path causing the incident. He even tried to submit a claim for injury the dodgy word removed. My insurance company were rubbish and whilst rejected the injury claim, never really chased it up further. I lost out on my excess. Annoying as I work in the industry and know if they’d done a better job it was easily defendable, but not really worth the effort of pursuing 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

As a final insult to injury when he came over to give me his details he had an baggies top on!

Don’t forget the whiplash injury you suffered and don’t forget the vase in the door pocket that got broke.

• Haha 1

You have to phone the police here when you have an accident, I'm told no matter how minor 

First summer I was here me the wife and my parents were sat on my balcony, small crash right in front of us, scratches on both cars, no one hurt, both got out had a chat, phoned the police... Took them just under 2 hours to turn up! You have to pay a fee of around €35 to them for coming out too

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

How's it not Saturday today?

My wife and I both do compressed work weeks (I have Friday's off) so we can take it in turns looking after the little one and cut down on nursery. Confused the hell out of me yesterday her being around and joining us on the bike ride. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

My wife and I both do compressed work weeks (I have Friday's off) so we can take it in turns looking after the little one and cut down on nursery. Confused the hell out of me yesterday her being around and joining us on the bike ride. 

This week is completely standard for us, so I was pretty much unaware that yesterday was Good Friday until the missus told me. We 'work' (i.e. look after the grandchildren) Tue, Wed, Thu every week, with the result that on Friday we always think it's Saturday. 

We always have beans on toast for Saturday lunch. We had beans on toast yesterday so anything could happen now.

I’ll be up n down the tv channels later looking for Songs of Praise.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This week is completely standard for us, so I was pretty much unaware that yesterday was Good Friday until the missus told me. We 'work' (i.e. look after the grandchildren) Tue, Wed, Thu every week, with the result that on Friday we always think it's Saturday. 

Sounds ideal. Love him to be bits (despite literally just having an argument that I'm in charge, not "his Grandfather Captain Barnacles, not the one off Octonauts, the other one") but cannot wait until we've relocated and can farm him off on Grandparents. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We always have beans on toast for Saturday lunch. We had beans on toast yesterday so anything could happen now.

I’ll be up n down the tv channels later looking for Songs of Praise.

Spaghetti hoops on toast?  Go mad. 

38 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sounds ideal. Love him to be bits (despite literally just having an argument that I'm in charge, not "his Grandfather Captain Barnacles, not the one off Octonauts, the other one") but cannot wait until we've relocated and can farm him off on Grandparents. 

It is good. My wife and I never knew our grandparents. And our parents lived too far away (Birmingham and Exeter) for our kids to see them regularly. Whereas our daughters and their kids both live within ten minutes drive of us. It's pretty much a financial necessity for them for us to do some of the childcare, but it's also lovely to have that close relationship. It's knackering, but we love it, and so do the little 'uns. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

It is good. My wife and I never knew our grandparents. And our parents lived too far away (Birmingham and Exeter) for our kids to see them regularly. Whereas our daughters and their kids both live within ten minutes drive of us. It's pretty much a financial necessity for them for us to do some of the childcare, but it's also lovely to have that close relationship. It's knackering, but we love it, and so do the little 'uns. 

Same with me and my grandparents. Apart from my Mum's Mum they all died when I was a young kid. We want him to know his grandparents. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cheese spread.  I don't see why it could any way be better than having butter and some proper cheese in your sandwich.

Quite nice on a water biscuit instead of the butter With a proper piece of cheese on it for an extra cheesy cheese snack

18 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Quite nice on a water biscuit instead of the butter With a proper piece of cheese on it for an extra cheesy cheese snack

Nothing is nice on a water biscuit. Thats the sort of shit they fed prisoners before human rights was a thing

• Haha 1

Water biscuits and cream crackers are the only biscuits for cheese, imo. Their crispness and 'neutrality' is exactly what is required to offset the strong cheese flavour. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Water biscuits and cream crackers are the only biscuits for cheese, imo. Their crispness and 'neutrality' is exactly what is required to offset the strong cheese flavour. 

Hovis digestives for Cheddar and similar UK hard cheeses or Carr's melts though I am warming to certain upmarket products but the price puts me off unless its xmas

Also if the taste of the biscuit is neutral, it can't be offsetting anything 😛

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hovis digestives for Cheddar and similar UK hard cheeses or Carr's melts though I am warming to certain upmarket products but the price puts me off unless its xmas

Also if the taste of the biscuit is neutral, it can't be offsetting anything 😛

OK, 'offset' was the wrong word. But yes, neutrality is what I favour in a biscuit for cheese. Digestives are for dunking in tea. 

Â