• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Sanchez was very impressive, strong in the tackle and some good burst forwards. Looking forward to seeing him and Delph together.

Why, is Sanchez leaving too?

hahaha :clap:

Great effort from the players with no game plan.

Lambert is a disgrace to football. His only subs he brought on two centre backs. Well played. I can understand he wanted to stop the bleeding but he should have made a change earlier or pick the right team in the first place.

We were poor. Cant keep possession and when we do have it we go wide for our shit fullbacks for a cross. So predictable. Awful.

Ah well. We take the point.

Possesion is the key we just counter attack timecand time again it will never wotk over 38games get it in your thick head lambert. Im sorty but lambert gets no praise dosnt have any clue what hes doing guzan and baker got us this point. Lambert you are a disgrace to villa and more important to football you cannot make any decisions and your robbing a living.

No plan and no leader on the pitch to calm us down, the defense just got deeper and deeper and the players just seemed to get drawn to the ball like 6 year old kids. At set pieces we seem to have no clue at all.

We did match West Ham though for large periods of the game, who are in still, imo, a route one team.

Great effort from the players with no game plan.

Lambert is a disgrace to football. His only subs he brought on two centre backs. Well played. I can understand he wanted to stop the bleeding but he should have made a change earlier or pick the right team in the first place.

We were poor. Cant keep possession and when we do have it we go wide for our shit fullbacks for a cross. So predictable. Awful.

Ah well. We take the point.

Possesion is the key we just counter attack timecand time again it will never wotk over 38games get it in your thick head lambert. Im sorty but lambert gets no praise dosnt have any clue what hes doing guzan and baker got us this point. Lambert you are a disgrace to villa and more important to football you cannot make any decisions and your robbing a living.

Are Guzan and Baker not his players playing in his system, for him? Why does he get no praise for a good point earned by his team?

Look I'm not a fan of Lambert, but you make yourself look a fool spouting off like that.

• Like 4

Who is "over the moon" or "delighted"?

Regardless; we stopped the rot and got a hard earned draw away to one of the form teams in the division. Not a bad day at the office.

Iam..considering we have lost our last 6 games..you not delighted with the point ?

Well from the poor stream I watched we hung on. Played better for some parts but still desperate defending.

Saw one stat which can't be right, that west ham only had four shots on target.. Guzan made at least six saves so not sure where that came from.

Guzan motm

Still at least not a defeat

Edited by mikeyp102

Regardless; we stopped the rot and got a hard earned draw away to one of the form teams in the division. Not a bad day at the office.

Iam..considering we have lost our last 6 games..you not delighted with the point ?

I'm not sure. I reckon we could easily have won that had Gabby been a bit less crap, or Benteke a bit less banned. So I'd be delighted with 3 points. I'm quietly satisfied with a point.

No plan and no leader on the pitch to calm us down, the defense just got deeper and deeper and the players just seemed to get drawn to the ball like 6 year old kids. At set pieces we seem to have no clue at all.

We did match West Ham though for large periods of the game, who are in still, imo, a route one team.

We had to defend, what 14 corners? Harsh on the team to say they had no clue at set pieces. 

• Like 1

Very welcome point to stop the rot and hopefully give the team a little bit more confidence.

First half was some of the worst football I've seen us play, but credit to our defence for keeping us in it (especially Brad). Second half was better, but we just look so toothless upfront without Benteke. We had decent chances, but we didn't have anyone on the pitch that we can rely on to bury them. However, the defence being able to hold on for a clean sheet for the first time in ages is a big positive. Hopefully the international break will give us time to regroup, get Hutton back and prepare for the next few games.

MOTM - Guzan or Baker. 

We defended really well IMO. Lots of really committed defending from Vlaar and especially Baker. Some not so good from Cissokho but considering how much they tried to get the ball into our area I think our good defending is a definite positive from this match.

• Like 2

No. I'm relatively pleased, points win prizes.

My main issue was with those bleating on like we're celebrating as though we've won the cup. I don't see anyone doing that.

We defended really well IMO. Lots of really committed defending from Vlaar and especially Baker. Some not so good from Cissokho but considering how much they tried to get the ball into our area I think our good defending is a definite positive from this match.

Defending won't keep us in the Premiership the way we are going. This is the way McLeish tried to stay with us remember.

Defending won't keep us in the Premiership the way we are going. This is the way McLeish tried to stay with us remember.

McLeish kept us in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

Just saying.

For 20 minutes after half time we passed the ball crisply through the middle, players moved off the ball and we looked almost decent. Then it all simply stopped, and we started focusing on clinging to a point.

Sanchez has something about him. He does give it away a bit but he is very good at shielding the ball and keeping it at his feet whilst waiting for someone to make space.

The defending at the end there was prodigious.

I think it's time to get Bent out of mothballs now. We need goals.

The match i would like to see is....lambert at one end of the ground spewing out "we were really excellent" on a mike.....and  a section of our fans spewing out " Gabby was played out of position"

it would be interesting to see who you would get bored with first. :D