• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

would've called for Lambert's head if they snuck one in there at the end. 

but that shouldn't be the basis for sacking or backing him....its just giving vent to your feelings ( which is understandable)

If,if,if he was going the get the sack, it would be on the basis of results.

In my view he should be sacked on performances...the football has been for too long and with many different players contributing........................... turgid

• Like 1

Pleased with a point but the downside we have to keep the clown for at least another game.

If we'd have lost this game 8-0, he still wouldn't have been sacked. Stop saying stupid things

You really don't know that, no matter how many times you claim to.

Pleased with a point but the downside we have to keep the clown for at least another game.

If we'd have lost this game 8-0, he still wouldn't have been sacked. Stop saying stupid things

If we had lost this game 8-0 I'm reasonably sure he'd have been sacked. His position would have been completely untenable, even under Lerner.

• Like 1

If we had lost this game 8-0 I'm reasonably sure he'd have been sacked. His position would have been completely untenable, even under Lerner.

I'm not being facetious, but I would put my mortgage on that he wouldn't have been sacked.

I would personally, make no mistake, for me (a Lambert supporter) he's on an absolute knife edge, and if it was my decision, he'd have been gone had we embarrassed ourselves.

But I'd put money on Lerner not sacking jim had we have lost.

Jonah, I don't know why I'm even answering you, because it's in one ear and out the other, but I don't know, you're right. Congratulations, big guy.

Not a great performance....but a slight, very slight improvement. Well played Baker who played for 85 mins after getting injured early on.

Cant see us scoring too many without Benteke!

Guzan saved us in the last few minutes.

For those who say we were lucky....I ask the question, what is wrong with being lucky? And can we please be lucky every week?

Confident that we will win the next 2 games and move into the top half!

I personally thought Guzan looked very shakey all afternoon (on crosses) until the final few minutes where he came to our rescue along with our defence. He kept coming for crosses and got nowhere near them and generally looked all over the place. Had a better second half but his distribution is very poor.

Thought Lowton did well and Sanchez played much better second half and didn't seem to tire as he has previously. We still lacked any real threat and only had glimpses of a chance. On the day and this morning I felt there was a point there for us...and I'm pleased we clung on at the end. But goals will keep is up this year and teams like Sunderland, Palace, Leics and QPR have them in them. Without Benteke we don't pose a threat going forwards.

We go again.

Great effort from the players with no game plan. 

Lambert is a disgrace to football. His only subs he brought on two centre backs. Well played. I can understand he wanted to stop the bleeding but he should have made a change earlier or pick the right team in the first place.

We were poor. Cant keep possession and when we do have it we go wide for our shit fullbacks for a cross. So predictable. Awful.

Ah well. We take the point.

So...you wouldnt have put on a CB when Baker went off?....and you call Lambert a disgrace....you couldnt make it up lol

• Like 1

I'm not being facetious, but I would put my mortgage on that he wouldn't have been sacked.

I would personally, make no mistake, for me (a Lambert supporter) he's on an absolute knife edge, and if it was my decision, he'd have been gone had we embarrassed ourselves.

Jonah, I don't know why I'm even answering you, because it's in one ear and out the other, but I don't know, you're right. Congratulations, big guy.

I've read what you've said but there's no factual evidence for you to continue to claim it as fact.

I think it's unlikely he will be sacked but i don't see proof that we can't afford to do so as you've claimed.

Some good things, some not so. Through the middle. I think we looked better with Sanchez improving  and Westy/Cleverley putting in the effort. Same at the back, with Vlaar, Baker and Guzan doing the business.

Then, you get the likes of N'Zogbia charging about aimlessly and Gabby moreorless doing what Gabby does and it all looks fairly worrying.

Hard-earned and probably derserved point, but we can't do this every game.

• Like 1

I've finally had a smoke, no thanks to the slowest lady ever in Tesco :angry: ...Having had time to reflect though, I suppose the absolute most important thing today was to not lose. As sad as that is I think we did "OK" by that remit.

West Ham have been playing very well and maybe overlooked us a bit, despite dominating for large portions of the game. Just everyone be thankful Nolan didn't come on and do his usual!

Also, big thanks to Brad for his wonderful 'keeping, looked almost unbeatable today. Special shout out to big bearded Baker putting his body on the line again as well, coming a long nicely this season.

We really, really need to start helping ourselves out! Constantly losing the ball, no one making themselves available for a simple pass, and sheer panic in possession 90% of the time. It must obviously come down to the coaching but we've got a lot of players who are only good "on their day" - a manager needs to be getting performances week in week out and I think that more than anything is why Lambert will probably be seen as a failure here. It is incredibly frustrating how low on confidence and short of ideas we look. To think of some of the scalps we've taken in Lamberts reign I geniunely do not understand how we're not more consistent (or rather less consistently shit). Its a very distant memory thinking back to Benteke, Andi & Gabby in good form terrorising defenses.

I've read what you've said but there's no factual evidence for you to continue to claim it as fact.

I think it's unlikely he will be sacked but i don't see proof that we can't afford to do so as you've claimed.

I've never claimed anything to be fact. I've gone on the basis that we spent 7.5m in the summer and we're probably not going to spend around 6m getting rid of a manager who's signed a new contract 4 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Not seen the game yet but was listening on the radio and the commentary conveyed exactly what im used to seeing from us.

Facts are we have taken 1/21 points, and scored once in 10.5 hrs of hoofball. Its unbelievable. Another loss after the break. If he stays we will have to pin all our hopes on Benteke dragging us out of trouble and/or a hefty warchest in January.

but that shouldn't be the basis for sacking or backing him....its just giving vent to your feelings ( which is understandable)

well yeah, obviously. that was posted roughly a minute after the full time whistle. ^^

either way I find it harder and harder to support him considering how he seems to have such a hard time responding to changes in games. also I think that we are far too inclined to wait and see what the opposition does instead of tactically trying to control/change a game ourselves.

• Like 1

well yeah, obviously. that was posted roughly a minute after the full time whistle. ^^

either way I find it harder and harder to support him considering how he seems to have such a hard time responding to changes in games. also I think that we are far too inclined to wait and see what the opposition does instead of tactically trying to control/change a game ourselves.

To be fair, in today's game there wasn't anything on the bench that could've helped us today. And with them bringing on Carroll and Cole we needed Senderos and Clark so Lambert made the right decisions in my opinion.

Why hello there. I often read these boards .... but then feel like jumping off a bridge with all the negtivity.

Here is a supposed impartial, journalists view of the match:

I don't know if we're all hoping that after 6 losses, we will suddenly come out and play like Real Madrid. but the below doesn't seem to be that bad. We all know that putting the ball in the back of the net is our problem.... dare say that it keeps Lambert up at night as well.

Charlie Nicholas’ verdict

In the initial 20 minutes, Villa looked really nervous at the back and managed to get away with a lot of situations but they gradually crept into the game. The big problem for Villa is expressing themselves. They have got to have better quality when they get the ball because it’s hard enough to get it. They had no Christian Benteke and Gabriel Agbonlahor never really threatened much, but he should have scored in the first half. In the second half they had great spells in the game.

West Ham made plenty of opportunities. Sakho didn’t get many opportunities until the final 20 minutes and Guzan had an absolutely outstanding day. It was a thoroughly enjoyable 0-0, it really was. It was a very exciting game with plenty of chances created and Aston Villa should take a lot of credit. It was an enjoyable point for Paul Lambert, but Sam Allardyce will be frustrated.

To be fair, in today's game there wasn't anything on the bench that could've helped us today. And with them bringing on Carroll and Cole we needed Senderos and Clark so Lambert made the right decisions in my opinion.

There were players on our bench that perhaps could have made a difference. 1 goal in 7 games suggests we should be trying out different players.