Villa and Spurs face charges

mikeyp102

I know a few people are blaming the Ref for the defeat but he was equally bad for both  teams.

You cant blame him for the incompetence of our manager either.

Lambert has been blamed for many things but think losing that game he cant really take blame for. a striker falling asleep and a lucky lucky deflection

Good. Hope that cheating word removed Mason get's a ban for the length of Benteke's.

Um, is this actually "good"?

It means we risk further punishment for the incident, for the behaviour of players in the general scuffle, and maybe for Westwood ranting foolishly at the ref over the Vertonghen booking. I had hoped we had got away just with the Benteke sending off for that period of bad indiscipline , but maybe there will be more?

What that he didn't see it or, he got right everything he did see?

That vertonghen or chadli didnt get red

Neither were a red IMO. If they'd have gone then weimann has to go too. Also, Benteke has to go for kicking lamela, if both them are red cards.

Really there should be a system in place for punishing referees for bad performance.

He really wasnt that bad. Everything he saw (he didn't see the Benteke/mason incident) he got right, and he got half of that incident right.

It's alright blaming the ref, for not having control of the game, when there's about 15 spoilt gobshites making his job more difficult than it already is.

I think your in a very small minority there woody. the ref was very biased to spurs. they could have had three players off but not one of them went. he completely ignored the mason incident not even a booking for him. pathetic.

good i hope they get a few of their players banned, that ref was shockingly bad. lambert should have complained

I don't think he saw the mason incident. I think he got the info from the 4th official to send Benteke off.

Seriously guys, we lost the game because of lacklustre defending. There was no need to concede the goals we did.

Seriously guys, we lost the game because of lacklustre defending. There was no need to concede the goals we did.

It would've been a completely different game had the referee treated the Benteke-Mason incident fairly.

• Like 1

I sit on the half way line, it was not shown on tv but every time the ball cam forward Benteke was being held back. He appealed to the ref at least twice who just shook he's head. I said at half time I thought. The ref was bad and did not have control of the game. Yes the behaviour of both sets of players was poor but only because the ref failed the stamp is authority on the game.

Not sure if he was biased or just incompetent but the majority of the reffing errors seemed to go Tottenham way. A view supported by a Spurs fan I.work.with who was at the match.

It would've been a completely different game had the referee treated the Benteke-Mason incident fairly.

He couldn't because he didn't see it. He went to the 4th official for the decision and he said red for Benteke - hence my point of that he got everything (major incidents) that he saw right.

Blame the 4th official for the call as he clearly informed the ref to issue red to Benteke.

I will continue to blame that silly fool, who thought it was a good idea to start raising his hands to other players if I'm honest.

Would I have rather mason go to? Of course.

Would I have preferred out striker to act as the professional he is supposed to be and not get sent off at all? Absolutely 100%!

Benteke does need to learn not to react in situations like that, or he will never progress beyond the status of "talented but hot-headed". Also, I think the other Villa players were probably unhelpful in their furious reactions to refereeing decisions, which created an atmosphere of disorder. It may be unfair, but it's a fast-moving game and decisions are made that appear unfair but you need to accept them and keep focused on the game. I was a bit worried at some of our players' indiscipline. Hope that's not Keane's influence.

Edited by briny_ear

Â