Sweet little memories

Dodgyknees

1977 - Open Day at Villa Park and as a 5 year old being amazed that they had carpets with AV on them in claret and Blue.   Carpets still there for next Open Day in 1995

1979 vs Ipswich my first game 1-1 draw

1981 - Hearing Villa beat bogey side Boro 3-0, I then believed we would win the League

1982 - Dont have to explain this one, but the whole Euro run especially sneakinga radio into class when they played away in Russia so I could get the score

1992 - Ronnies Miss

1994 - Watching Villa beat Man Utd in League Cup in a pub in Ft Lauderdale 

1994 - Xmas game vs Chelsea, Taylor's home debut and he scored won 3-0 I think

1996 - Being there for League Cup Win

Being at the Ath Madrid Match.  We lost the tie but Villa Parked boomed that night.

ONeils first game and Melburg banged in a goal to take lead against Arsenal

Sending Coventry Down :)  Bonus of Angels first goals

Finally watching the Joy on my Sons face as we went around VP on the tour last week!

• Like 3

Finally watching the Joy on my Sons face as we went around VP on the tour last week!

Not to get sentimental, but this made me smile. I can understand that people could hate the manager, hate the players, hate the owner etc, but I can't get my head around how you could say you hate the club. Win, lose or draw, top of the Premier League or bottom of the 3rd Division, Villa are still my club. It's nice to be reminded of the small moments. Like seeing a young lad bursting with pride, when he pulls on his first shirt, or like NIVillan said, seeing someone go to Villa Park for the first time. Special moments, and no one on or off the pitch can take them away from us.

• Like 4

I'm going with the OP. That Carbone game against Leeds. So sweet. Bloody brilliant game. That goal. He was such a **** dude as well.

_624862_merson_blood150.jpg

Paul Merson was amazing that day. Even though Carbone got a hattrick, Merson was still the best player on the park.

Most recently the 6-4 win over Blackburn in the League Cup to reach the final and pitch invasion at the end, didn't realise that was the best it was going to get for a very long time.

Further back, that 3-2 win over Arsenal under Gregory was pretty special, coming back from 2-0 down and taking Vieira, Henry apart was something else. What a team we had then, compared to today's weak streaks of piss. Even though it had its shortcomings and Gregory had his limitations, that team would totally thrash the current bunch of tosspots that play for us, and Gregory, even using tactics from 1998, would totally outsmart our pathetic manager as well.

Even further back, beating Man Utd in the LC final 3-1 was a proud moment. We should have really pushed on from there.

• Like 1

1977 - Open Day at Villa Park and as a 5 year old being amazed that they had carpets with AV on them in claret and Blue.   Carpets still there for next Open Day in 1995

1979 vs Ipswich my first game 1-1 draw

1981 - Hearing Villa beat bogey side Boro 3-0, I then believed we would win the League

1982 - Dont have to explain this one, but the whole Euro run especially sneakinga radio into class when they played away in Russia so I could get the score

1992 - Ronnies Miss

1994 - Watching Villa beat Man Utd in League Cup in a pub in Ft Lauderdale 

1994 - Xmas game vs Chelsea, Taylor's home debut and he scored won 3-0 I think

1996 - Being there for League Cup Win

Being at the Ath Madrid Match.  We lost the tie but Villa Parked boomed that night.

ONeils first game and Melburg banged in a goal to take lead against Arsenal

Sending Coventry Down :)  Bonus of Angels first goals

You missed out spanking SHA 5-1 in 2008.  :)

• Like 1

My first game in April 1977 against Spurs after we'd just won the league cup

A big banner was paraded around the pitch saying "Aston Villa fans, you are fantastic" then kicking claret and blue cassers into the stands

The atmosphere was amazing, What a first game for a 10 year old

Tranmere in the 1994 semi final at Villa Park. That game had everything. The best celebrations ever when Dalian Atkinson scored

Big Rons first game against Sheff Wed away when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2

Happy days

• Like 1

Â