Sweet little memories

Dodgyknees

Yes, I'm going to trot it out again, but Crouch's last min winner at Boro was just brilliant, and I've never really been able to explain why.

Also Blackburn away, when we beat them 2-1 in MO'M's first season. Lovely sunny Easter weekend, and we took thousands (I've still no idea why so many decided to go, as we'd not taken that many to Blackburn for years, as far as I remember. Although now I think of it, I think they were doing cheap tickets), filled the away end, and it was pretty much non stop noise for 90 mins. The look on the players faces (Sorenson I recall vividly), when the coach went past the Fernhurst was brilliant. Berger got  an equaliser for us just before half time, with Gabby going around Friedel to score the winner. Great day out.

• Like 2

Bosnich wiping out Klinnsman, then Saunders scored a goal from a pass that Stan Staunton fell over making and didn't go at all where wanted.

Saunders Hat trick vs Swinden (1st ever game for me)

Playing Brighton in cup and virtually whole ground shouting town full of bummers (I know not PC but was funny).

Just a small sample off the top of my head.

Allan Evans' swivel volley at Sty Blandrews when we beat the scummers. 1980-81. One of the last times I went to that shit hole apart from 87 when Garry Thompson stuffed them for us :)

• Like 2

Yes, I'm going to trot it out again, but Crouch's last min winner at Boro was just brilliant, and I've never really been able to explain why.

Also Blackburn away, when we beat them 2-1 in MO'M's first season. Lovely sunny Easter weekend, and we took thousands (I've still no idea why so many decided to go, as we'd not taken that many to Blackburn for years, as far as I remember. Although now I think of it, I think they were doing cheap tickets), filled the away end, and it was pretty much non stop noise for 90 mins. The look on the players faces (Sorenson I recall vividly), when the coach went past the Fernhurst was brilliant. Berger got an equaliser for us just before half time, with Gabby going around Friedel to score the winner. Great day out.

Completely agree about Crouch vs Boro.

I was so happy when that happened. And I'm not sure why.

Yes, I'm going to trot it out again, but Crouch's last min winner at Boro was just brilliant, and I've never really been able to explain why.

Also Blackburn away, when we beat them 2-1 in MO'M's first season. Lovely sunny Easter weekend, and we took thousands (I've still no idea why so many decided to go, as we'd not taken that many to Blackburn for years, as far as I remember. Although now I think of it, I think they were doing cheap tickets), filled the away end, and it was pretty much non stop noise for 90 mins. The look on the players faces (Sorenson I recall vividly), when the coach went past the Fernhurst was brilliant. Berger got an equaliser for us just before half time, with Gabby going around Friedel to score the winner. Great day out.

Completely agree about Crouch vs Boro.

I was so happy when that happened. And I'm not sure why.

Without going into it again (as much as I'd like to), it's mostly the fact we were down to 10 men, getting battered, and would have been happy to escape with a draw, never mind get a last min winner. Plus I was there, ended up on the pitch, and everyone went absolutely mental.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm going to trot it out again, but Crouch's last min winner at Boro was just brilliant, and I've never really been able to explain why.

Because of the cheesy two thumbs up celebration! They also scored first in that game and their fans were singing 'Champions League, you're havin a laugh' (we were in the reckoning for top 4 at the time), then Barry equalised and gave them the finger to lips silence gesture. I remember that game was first on the ITV Premiership highlights show.

"Could there be a final twist yet... YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNGGGGGGGG!"

Oh! That was incredible! Off to watch that now :)

One of my favourite ever Villa moments.

And one of my biggest regrets that I was watching that at home, on my own, and not in a pub or at the ground where I could have gone mental.

I switched the TV off, threw the remote down in disgust, and stomped off out in the car when Lescott equalised. Turned the radio on 10 mins later to hear what had happened.

0,,10265~3638579,00.jpg

Been a Villa fan for about 18 years, saw us win the Coca Cola Cup but seeing one of our players acting as passionately as us fans made me more proud than most things I've seen at VP. I will always love you Olof.

• Like 2

I was in the Holte and had resigned myself, along with 40,000 others, that it was a goal for Liverpool. Then that happened.

After that, Deano ran the show on his home debut against the club who had just sold him.

Another massive away following, seeing us come back from 2 down, and shutting up the Wednesday fans, who were less than happy Big Ron had left them in the Summer to take the Villa job. Oh yeah, and as little bonus, Trevor 666 Francis was the new Wednesday manager!  :D

• Like 3

Â