Sweet little memories

Dodgyknees

Things are shit right now. No matter what side of the arguments you sit on, things really are shit.

It got me thinking about those small moments, you know.. small memories, things that gave us joy.

I think it's those small things that give us tonnes to think about.

So, I am wondering what your favourite small memories are? Videos, photos... throw them in here!

One I always think about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvHGYlPOXI

and another...

Beating Southampton, 1998 (I can't find a video!), Dublin scored 3, Merson the other? Le Tissier (as always) for them. I remember Hendrie playing really well in a three man midfield, and I think, Dublin, Merson and Hendrie got called up for England about a week after this.

**** amazing memory.

I've depressed myself now. :( It used to be so much fun being a fan!

Over to you all!

Loads and loads.  Supporting the club no matter how long or short you tend to accumulate loads and thankfully,  despite the current period we find ourselves in,  the good ones far outweigh the bad ones.

For me it is going to Highbury with my old man for a cup game in the 70's and walking up to the ground seeing the street sellers flogging the scarves and badges and just being in awe of Villa and nothing else but supporting them.  So nothing that happened on the pitch but an early memory of a cup game at night that stayed with me and really focusses me on why I support the club to be honest

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Loads and loads.  Supporting the club no matter how long or short you tend to accumulate loads and thankfully,  despite the current period we find ourselves in,  the good ones far outweigh the bad ones.

For me it is going to Highbury with my old man for a cup game in the 70's and walking up to the ground seeing the street sellers flogging the scarves and badges and just being in awe of Villa and nothing else but supporting them.  So nothing that happened on the pitch but an early memory of a cup game at night that stayed with me and really focusses me on why I support the club to be honest

I have a memory of going to my first ever game with my dad, it is bitter sweet though, loved the build up etc, but we were 5-0 down at half time. To be a VIlla fan, eh?

Great memory, thank you for sharing. :)

"Could there be a final twist yet... YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNGGGGGGGG!"

Oh! That was incredible! Off to watch that now :)

One of my favourite ever Villa moments.

And one of my biggest regrets that I was watching that at home, on my own, and not in a pub or at the ground where I could have gone mental.

"Could there be a final twist yet... YYYYOOOOOUUUUUUNNNNGGGGGGGG!"

Oh! That was incredible! Off to watch that now :)

One of my favourite ever Villa moments.

And one of my biggest regrets that I was watching that at home, on my own, and not in a pub or at the ground where I could have gone mental.

I was watching at home on my own too - sadly. :(

The only version I can find of it;

http://vimeo.com/104942648

and this (I always wanted to do this!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolTqwcxtSE

• Like 2

Hmm that Everton game is also one of my most annoying moments because, as I recall, they had just equalised in injury time?  I remember being there, kicking the chair in front (which was empty) and stomping off to the loo before the journey home - only to hear an incredible roar go up from the stands - it was so loud that I presumed they had scored the winner!  The people I was with have NEVER let me forget it - apparently Martin Laursen and Co ran and celebrated right in front of where we were! :wacko:  :blush:

• Like 1

John Carew picking up that ball boy.

John Carew smashing that hat-trick against Newcastle.

John Carew scoring in a 6-0 mauling of Derby.

John Carew's brace against Blues.

John Carew's lap dancing exploits.

John Carew's hat-trick against Reading from 2-0 down.

John Carew.

• Like 4

So many - impossible to chose a favourite but memorable ones outside the obvious ones at Rotterdam and Highbury etc were going to these games (tried to chose a few obscure ones)

Villa vs Santos - the great Pele at VP !

Villa vs Man Utd - League cup semi final - VP so full was unreal and for us to beat a Man Utd team of Charlton, Law, Best etc as a 3rd division club !

Villa vs Tranmere 2nd leg - you just had to be there to experience the roller coaster ride

Others I am trying to find clips of

Villa away @ Chesterfield 1st match in Div 3 where we basically took over the ground and town - still talked about in Chesterfield to this day

Villa vs Antwerp - a very first European match - we lost but we had arrived

Villa vs Spurs League cup final - lost 0-2 but we played fantastic .......

• Like 4

Beating the blues 5-1, the atmosphere of the whole match, locked in the Holte car park afterwards with everyone going absolutely mental....and putting the whole match on a dvd for my next door neighbour who's a blues fan. He didn't speak to me for about a month and it was delightful!

Oh, and the quarter finals, being in the upper holte during the pitch invasion. Fans singing back and forth. Those were the days!

A personal favourite of mine?

The first goal against Man United at Wembley in 1994 and knowing, just knowing it the pit of my stomach that that was going to be the day. That was going to be the day I saw my team lift a trophy for the first time and nothing and nobody was going to take that away from us, not that day and not that team.

I sang my heart out from the first to the last.

It was and always will be a special moment.

• Like 1

A personal favourite of mine?

The first goal against Man United at Wembley in 1994 and knowing, just knowing it the pit of my stomach that that was going to be the day. That was going to be the day I saw my team lift a trophy for the first time and nothing and nobody was going to take that away from us, not that day and not that team.

I sang my heart out from the first to the last.

It was and always will be a special moment.

What a day. I'm digging out that video for viewing tonight.

Â