Midweek football 3/6 November

andykeenan

Pundits on 5 live queuing up to call Rogers decision to play a weekend team "pragmatic"

They really do get an easy ride off these buffoons don't they. Any other team / manager would have got ripped to bits for this 

Yep. Villa got ripped to shreds for focusing on the Premier League over the UEFA Cup in Moscow. Considering we were already "losing" the tie after the home leg, it was pretty hilarious way of looking at it.

"You have to remember this is Liverpool's first taste of Champions League football in 5 years. They've lost the Champions League habit"

Heard that. **** idiotic scouse licking word removed.
What can't they just say they are poor, outclassed, boring, pathetic?

"You have to remember this is Liverpool's first taste of Champions League football in 5 years. They've lost the Champions League habit"

Heard that. **** idiotic scouse licking word removed.
What can't they just say they are poor, outclassed, boring, pathetic?

I believe its illegal or something.

• Like 2

I've really enjoyed watching Benzema tonight.  He doesn't get the headlines in a Madrid side packed with galacticos but he is so important to their system, he leads the line exceptionally well. 

I've really enjoyed watching Benzema tonight.  He doesn't get the headlines in a Madrid side packed with galacticos but he is so important to their system, he leads the line exceptionally well. 

Totally agree, he is a superb player in his own right just not as obvious as some others.

In a way he is a little like Makelale in that respect, he is utterly pivotal to their team and crucial to the way they play but his contribution is masked by higher profile players.

Â