Wainy316

Aka

Silent Hills

Okay this must've been mentioned elsewhere but it deserves a thread.

Argh! Just, argh! One of the most horrific half hours I've ever endured.

Not sure if the reveal at the end is spoiler worthy as I assume it's common knowledge by now but...

Norman Reedus starring in a Silent Hill game by Kojima and Del Toro is about as exciting as it gets!

However if the game is anywhere near as frightening as this demo I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it!

• Like 1

Rumours of a particularly frightening Boss.

In the X-Ray ward of an abandoned Hospital (A Silent Hill speciality) you encounter a Nightmarish creature 

covered in jam having a mammogram.

• Like 2

No human being has sat alone in a dark room and finished that demo. No way!

I have to say, I didn't think it was in the slightest bit scary. I've definitely missed something here, because I'm usually a big wuss when it comes to scary games, but I breezed through it thinking "right, it's bound to get scary now soon"

No human being has sat alone in a dark room and finished that demo. No way!

I have to say, I didn't think it was in the slightest bit scary. I've definitely missed something here, because I'm usually a big wuss when it comes to scary games, but I breezed through it thinking "right, it's bound to get scary now soon"

Wainy sleeps with a nightlight on to be fair.

• Like 2

I figured the whole point of playing it is because you want to be scared? I thought some people enjoyed that feeling.

Not me, I hate being scared. It's a shame as I've no doubt missed out on some excellent games because of it. I just generally read up or watch videos though. I don't mind watching scary stuff because there's still a disconnect, but as soon as I'm in control of the character's actions, I get far too absorbed into it and I hate it.

• Like 2

I figured the whole point of playing it is because you want to be scared? I thought some people enjoyed that feeling.

Not me, I hate being scared. It's a shame as I've no doubt missed out on some excellent games because of it. I just generally read up or watch videos though. I don't mind watching scary stuff because there's still a disconnect, but as soon as I'm in control of the character's actions, I get far too absorbed into it and I hate it.

Silent Hill games, at least the first 3 had a great storyline too, it's not all about the scares. It's not like Outlast or Amnesia or those type of games.

I don't do scary movies or scary games.

I once saw an episode of the X-Files when I was like 8 or so, got completely freaked out by some grainy footage of an alien, and I was done. Not for me, no thank you.

This, very much!

Â