Pre-match thread

roonst83

A former Villa player showing the form he did here a few years back. He's guaranteed to score.

Sakho is back for them.

We don't have Benteke, our confidence is shot and we can't score. 3-0 to West Ham.

I usually hate us playing the spammers, because its never a classic......more like one of those games you want over and done with. But, Sams got the present bunch clicking and this suddenly looks a different prospect. I said jokingly we'll get 'Hammered;, but with all things considered we'll be hard pushed to get anything from it. Can't even see a goal from our lot if I'm honest.

• The Hammers have won just five of the last 27 Premier League meetings with the Villans (W5 D13 L9).
  • Andreas Weimann has either scored (3) or assisted (1) four of Aston Villa's five Barclays Premier League goals this season. 

9/2 on offer for the win and roughly 3/1 for the draw 

Perm Villa and the Draw for 23/20 with B365, Gets a 10 from Len. 

Edited by Kingman

Here (we go again)..... Surely I am not the first.

Anyway, in the fairy tale world of football maybe the script is wrote for a Joe Cole cameo. Having said that on the flip side, a Stuart Downing back in the England squad and high on confidence is sure to put in a performance. It is probably going to be the later isn't it. Until Bentekes sending off against Spurs I think it was the best we have played all season. If we can take that into Saturday we will beat them. Then again no Benteke and we could be completely deflated. I am getting splinters from sitting on the fence. That is the extent of my optimism about this fixture.

Guzman

Loughton      Vlarr         Barker       Sisookoo

Santez

Cleverson      Wetwoods      Kohl

Insomnia

Wiseman

• Like 4

No Benteke, no hope.

Which makes absolutely no sense, as our undefeated streak at the beginning of the season was minus Tekkers. Personally, I think Tekkers was very selfish at the Spurs game. During the game he took a punt at goal and fluffed it... if he had simply tapped it to Westy (pretty sure it was him) then he would have had an easy tap-in. Even ignoring the red card, you could see he was getting frustrated with the fact he hadn't scored since being back - that is dangerous for us. The last thing we need right now is individuals trying to prove themselves and getting pished off when they can't convert. The team needs to be glued together and all working in tandem.

As for Stewart Downing:

- In 63 apps for Villa he scored 9 goals (9 ÷ 63 = 0.142 goals per appearance)

- In 41 apps for the Hammers he's scored 3 goals (3 ÷ 41 = 0.073 goals per appearance)

Granted, goals aren't the be-all and end-all... but with that kind of stat, I'm not really bothered by him. So what, he's been called up to England... so has Delph and I haven't seen him do much.

Diafra Sakho on the other hand has scored 6 in 7 apps - that's worries me like fook :mellow:

3 0 or 3 1 West Ham

If we score first we have a chance if we can hold on for a 1 nil.But way they have been playing they just have too much upfront for us to cope with.

Our only hope of not losing in a game is if we score first. Our stats prove that this season.