• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

We have a team of incredibly thick footballers.

Benteke cannot raise his hands and the challenge from Sanchez for the free kick was ridiculous. Neither of those actions are the fault of the ref.

I agree, but the ref's lack of decisive action against some very poor moves by Spurs is enough to provoke a lot of frustration. although I believe that we shouldn't give in to it and hurt ourselves by poor decisions, I do think that the ref made it hard for our players to keep composed.

thought spurs were terrible today but in the same breath could of had another couple of goals on another day. we wernt bad but wernt great either, terrible result in the end considering we went one nil up but it was a big loss losing benteke and that changed the game. how long will he be suspended for now?  not looking good.

What's worse about Benteke getting sent off is we now have gabby up front for the next 3 games! We may aswell just give up now.

All is not lost. NZogbia was looking decent and Weimann is always committed. I'd rather not see Gabby on the pitch again though.
  • Like 1

What's worse about Benteke getting sent off is we now have gabby up front for the next 3 games! We may aswell just give up now.

All is not lost. NZogbia was looking decent and Weimann is always committed. I'd rather not see Gabby on the pitch again though.

Totally agree. For me it has to be wiemann up front with nzogbia and possibly finally giving cole a chance. Gabby offers absolutely nothing, and today proved we are much more threatening with a bit of movement and intelligence up front.

• Like 1

We have a team of incredibly thick footballers.

Benteke cannot raise his hands and the challenge from Sanchez for the free kick was ridiculous. Neither of those actions are the fault of the ref.

I agree, but the ref's lack of decisive action against some very poor moves by Spurs is enough to provoke a lot of frustration. although I believe that we shouldn't give in to it and hurt ourselves by poor decisions, I do think that the ref made it hard for our players to keep composed.

The ref wasn't great I agree, but those two big moments were the fault of those 2 players.  Never mind, we go again.

I don't get why no villa player was contesting where spurs were taking that free from. Someone should have been in their face trying to get it moved to the correct position.

We got no leaders or hard men.

Ref would of probably sent them off.

I don't get why no villa player was contesting where spurs were taking that free from. Someone should have been in their face trying to get it moved to the correct position.

I thought that!  It was maybe 6 or 7 yards further back, giving them more space to get it up and down.

Don't really care about today's match. As we all know, this is the culmination of years of dross under Lambert. His time must be up if we lose the next two games.

Never ever felt so anti Villa before.

Thanks Paul

The law is an ass. A red card for an action that might at worst make an opponent feel uncomfortable, and two yellow cards for an action that could potentially seriously injure an opponent. Make sense of that.

Of course neither is acceptable, should have been 3 red cards.