• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Benteke you absolute clown. That is all!

Completely unfair statement. Masons forehead was in his face, looked like it was touching his nose. Mason should have been given a yellow, and perhaps Benteke for reacting but there was nothing in it.

Raised a hand to an opponent's face.

Provoked or not, it's a red card.

Vertonghen went in 2 footed on Westwood. Provoked or not, it's a red card.
  • Like 1

Lowton MOTM for me. Lambert not really at fault today but he has been too many times already so that doesn't matter. Needs to go.

Ref was bad but as one decision the red card for Benteke is correct. Stupid move.

I agree the fault is with Benteke, IMO. Crazy.

Lambert needs to go (and you do wonder if the sack might indeed be coming) but I don't think there was a lot wrong today. If the game ended 1-0 or even 1-1 the comments would be very different. Can't blame Lambert for what Benteke did.

That was bad refereeing, bad defending and bad tempers.

Benteke cost us the game....or at least the impetus we had and without him for three matches we could end up struggling badly.

Very very annoyed with that result today.

As much as the red card was a huge blow, it still proves how much of a shit team we are mentally, emotionally, tactically and ability wise.

It was an absolute certainty we would lose that game once Benteke was off.

Lots of other teams would have conceded maybe one goal, a few would have still won.

But we are probably one of three other teams that would crumble like that and lose. Burnley and QPR being the other.

I think we are down this year.

3 games without Benteke.

Jesus christ

Disgusted with all of it. Mason head butted Benteke before Christian did anything wrong, so Mason should've been sent off too. Amazing that out of that whole rumble by the touchline only one booking came out of it. And that turned the match on it's head. Gabby should be flogged for letting Chadli walk in behind him. And then a fluke winner. Just another day in the life of Aston Villa. 6 straight losses, no hope, no luck, even the referees are against us.

Truly sickening. 

• Like 1

Can't blame Lambert for this loss. We played better than the last 5 games, N'Zogbia looked decent. The sending off definitely cost us, but what pisses me off is that Mason got away with it. I agree that Benteke deserved the red for putting his hand on Mason's face, but Mason started it. Benteke was walking away and Mason shoves into his back then shove his head in Benteke's face, where's the punishment for that?! As well as both Vertonghen and Chadli with two footed challenges. Why can't referees ever get penalised for shit performances, always the teams the suffer only.

• Like 1