The Twang

R.I.C.O.

The Twang - Are they the Shwang, or a bunch of Twangers?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. The Twang - Are they the Shwang, or a bunch of Twangers?

• They are the shwang - give them a listen
    • bunch of twangers - avoid like the babyshambles

They're effin awesome and the bands name refers to brummy 'twang'

Some clever marketing guy has probably thought that up - as originally they played and recorded in and around Brum under the name Neon Twang.

they changed there name from neon twang as apparently they were getting a bad reputation with some venues as the fans would go a bit mentle (i have to say this a rumour i have heard in and around the brum music scene) as there a bit of a lads band similar to the happy mondays and stone roses days of the late 80s early nineties, but the album is ace

push away the ghost and two lovers are my top tunes on the album at the moment give it a listen

Ringo Starr....

Paul McCartney was once asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world..

McCartney answered that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.....

Best Brum band......

QUILL, Hunters moon, back in the 70's.

Was not sure when I first heard them but they have grown on me.

Same to be honest. Not the best album ever, but a few strong tracks nonetheless. About time the Midlands spawned a decent band.

Ringo Starr....

Paul McCartney was once asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world..

McCartney answered that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.....

I think you'll find it was John Lennon who said that.

Back to the Twang, good band, saw them in May at the Sanctuary, seeing them in October just after my b'day at the Academy.

having no mp3 player at the moment due to leaving the bloody charger in Brum :evil: I've had to listen to a lot of radio 1 this week, this is on heavy rotation and its begining to really get on my tits

Starts off with stupid voice talk over vocals a la The Streets, then carries on in a baggy lite pastiche of the Madchester era bands, the ones that didn't make it and they didn't make it for a reason

So far this is a fecking awful year for music, at the moment I'm struggling to find ten albums I actually like from this year, most of the albums I was looking forward to have disappointed in some shape or form

Kind of Northside meets Small Heath - Horrible

• 3 months later...

thought I would revive this one as I saw them live last week at the Gamestation supplier conference of all places. Came back from Berlin to do the show and then straight back to Munich afterwards. No going through the motions for the cash. They **** rocked it. They have a fantastic vibe with the crowd.

Had a good chat and a beer afterwards with them. Chatted to Phil about the Villa , he's from a die hard claret and blue family. Also heard some great stories about driving round Brighton in Mike Skinners pimped up roller. Completely down to earth lads and realise they are living the dream. Just gonna have fun while it lasts. Me thinks they'll have a difficult second album though

thought I would revive this one as I saw them live last week at the Gamestation supplier conference of all places. Came back from Berlin to do the show and then straight back to Munich afterwards. No going through the motions for the cash. They **** rocked it. They have a fantastic vibe with the crowd.

Had a good chat and a beer afterwards with them. Chatted to Phil about the Villa , he's from a die hard claret and blue family. Also heard some great stories about driving round Brighton in Mike Skinners pimped up roller. Completely down to earth lads and realise they are living the dream. Just gonna have fun while it lasts. Me thinks they'll have a difficult second album though

Ha Matt :wave:

I just saw this and knew you would be on this thread somewhere

they're quality. saw them live in ibiza supporting the dirty pretty things last month. they were better than the dirty pretty things! attracted loads of blues fans though and it came across that the majority of the band were noses! . . . gd tho

Saw them at Hove Rock Festival in the summer. They were ok, but not good enough for me to get the album. Some elements were far too similar to the Streets' style, which I bloody hate.

The ginger singer (I understand he's Villa) seemed like a nice guy, though. Kept a decent report with the crowd.

Â