Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I'd like to see a reaction but the spurs players also need to show a reaction.  At the end of the day they have better players and i have no faith that lambert could set us up or create a plan to combat that.

I see nothing but a loss, it would be nice to give a good account of ourselves though.

I can officially confirm that the plan for us against Spurs will Guzan in goal and the rest of them standing on the goal line all game desperately trying to keep the ball out of the Villa net!  These will be new tactics for us and Lambert will be instilling these "new world tactics", into the team all week!  Lambert is spending a lot of time on both FIFA 15 and Football Manager fine tuning this "wonder tactic", so its going to work "for sure".  So the result will be 0-0 and all games for the rest of the season will also be 0-0 thus ensuring we have a brilliant goals against record!  Totally ignoring the the goals for statistic! 

Apparently Spurs fans are also saying (about their own team) that if you're desperate for a win there's no one better to play. I wonder if it's possible for both teams to lose.

If there is any s**t record to be broken then rest assured Lambert will do it.  :D

• Aston Villa have scored just one goal in their last six Premier League matches against Tottenham, including failing to score in the last four meetings in a row.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor has scored more goals against Aston Villa (7) than versus any other opponent in the Barclays Premier League.
  • Adebayor has netted four in four Premier League starts for Spurs against the Villans.
  • Tottenham have won eight and lost none of the last 11 Premier League matches against Aston Villa (D3).
  • Andros Townsend has scored on his last two Premier League visits to Villa Park.
  • Aston Villa have become the ninth different side to lose five successive Premier League games without scoring a single goal. The PL record is seven (Ipswich Town in 1995).
  • The last time that Aston Villa went five league games without scoring was March 1992. They have never failed to score in six consecutive league games.
  • Andreas Weimann has played a hand in 75% of Aston Villa's league goals so far this season, scoring two and assisting another.
  • Tottenham have not drawn any of their last 37 Premier League games 0-0 - the longest run of its kind among the 20 current PL clubs.
  • Spurs have scored more goals in the opening 30 minutes of their matches (5) than Aston Villa have managed all season (4).