Guinness Pro 12 equivalent, in Football?

Folski

Anyone think this could ever work, that you could combine SPL, League of Ireland, Welch Premier League into one actually semi decent league, surely Celtic would be run away winners the first few years but I think these kind of games would lead to bigger attendances and tv money. Now I'm not sure if UEFA would ever allow it, my guess is probably no chance. 

Anyone think this could ever work, that you could combine SPL, League of Ireland, Welch Premier League into one actually semi decent league, surely Shamrock Rovers would be run away winners the first few years but I think these kind of games would lead to bigger attendances and tv money. Now I'm not sure if UEFA would ever allow it, my guess is probably no chance. 

fixed

• Like 1

Anyone think this could ever work, that you could combine SPL, League of Ireland, Welch Premier League, NIFL Premiership into one actually semi decent league, surely Cliftonville would be run away winners the first few years but I think these kind of games would lead to bigger attendances and tv money. Now I'm not sure if UEFA would ever allow it, my guess is probably no chance. 

fixed

Nah, I like it as it is. I really can't see St. Johnstone - Longford Town or Portadown - Rhyl drawing in the crowds & TV money. The Old Firm will surely get their act together and make the SPL somewhat relevant again in the form of getting to last 16 of CL/EL the odd time. the Welsh have their most popular club teams in the English league system.

I recall there was a proposal/flight of fancy for a Setanta Sport sponsored prize fund All-Ireland league during the bubble era, but nothing came of it. Can't see the IFA clubs and supporters being overly keen on the idea.

Edited by Corcaigh

You mean Glasgow "currently 4th in a Rangers-less, Hearts-less, Hibs-less SPL" Celtic?

They will still finish ten points clear by the end of the season.

You mean Glasgow "currently 4th in a Rangers-less, Hearts-less, Hibs-less SPL" Celtic?

They will still finish ten points clear by the end of the season.
Yeah I know. But we need to take the piss while we can (I realise they'll go top if they win their game in hand)
  • Like 1

Â