Poland

StefanAVFC

just had a look at it on Wikitravel ..looks a nice place  

make sure you try some Grzaniec  before you go home

( some of my mates still haven't forgiven me for getting them try it :) )

Been to Lodz - pronounced Wuch! - many times - interesting place. The "main road" of bars and restaurants is very good in summer especially

If you get chance get out of town a bit to some of the villages nearby and drink Vodka there - trust me you will not know what day, country or colour anything is ....... oh happy days

• Like 1

Been to Lodz - pronounced Wuch! - many times - interesting place. The "main road" of bars and restaurants is very good in summer especially

If you get chance get out of town a bit to some of the villages nearby and drink Vodka there - trust me you will not know what day, country or colour anything is ....... oh happy days

tbf at your age you don't need Vodka for that :P

• Like 1

Indeed

As for the women, the same can be said about Czech Republic, Hungary, the Baltics and plenty more. Definitely a higher general standard than the UK

• 2 weeks later...

ukraine really? always fancied a trip to kiev

For me Ukraine took top spot from Estonia when I was there the other week ... But all those regions you mentioned get a shout :)

I went to Ukraine three years ago. I absolutely loved it. Kiev is a brilliant city. Lviv in the West is also really nice too, a hidden gem really.

• 6 months later...

Just changed up £200 quid and got over 1000 back in polish zl. I'm rich!!

What kind if plugs do they use over there?

same as over here mate , don't believe everything you read in the Sun sink-plug-19mm-3-4-1313244055-l.jpg

• Like 1

Is it cheap? Any main places to go?

take your nose plugs .. a lot of the bars are underground and they stink of sweat and BO late at night  :)

To be honest they are kind of all around the main square so you can just crawl from one to another ... some were a bit too pretentious for my liking  ..I liked Carpe Diem but that might be a bit spit and sawdust orientated for some of your friends .... 

other than CD I can't really remember the names of any of the bars , some sell hot beer (grzane piwo , it's an acquired taste but you have to try it a t least once :) )  , some sell under the counter spirits that will make you go blind , some have little upstairs hidey holes that you climb a ladder to get to for no logical reason , one on the edge of town has a strip club attached to it  .. I left one at 7am , I left another as it was playing Jazz    :angry:  , I left another because it was full of Nazi wannabes that wanted to fight us because we were English ....  there will be plenty of places don't worry

probably already mentioned previously  it but if you want to sober for a bit in the day time up then check out Wieliczka salt mines and Auschwitz  ...

and look out for golonka on the menu  .. pork knuckle with all the crispy crackling  ...mmmmmmmm crackling

Golonka is fantastic.

Also spent the day in Warsaw today. Proper cracking city. Walked to the old town then to the national stadium which is like a Soviet relic... built in the 00's.

Â