Paul Lambert

limpid

2 against Everton and 3 against Arsenal.

Sweet Jesus. If there was an open goal do you not think the variety of shots would be different??

Go and pester somebody else with your cantankerous nature. What points are you trying to score?

I suggest that you're the one who's being slightly silly here, Mr.

You've suggested that even without a Goalkeeper, we wouldn't have scored, and from your subsequent posts, actually backed that up as though you believe it would be true.

What Sexblowsound is saying, is that if the opponents didn't play a goalkeeper, why wouldn't all the Villa players just shoot on sight, and score easy goals, which essentially, is exactly what would happen.

Your point about not needing GK's is completely irrelevant, isn't it?

• Like 1

Sweet Jesus. If there was an open goal do you not think the variety of shots would be different??

Go and pester somebody else with your cantankerous nature. What points are you trying to score?

I suggest that you're the one who's being slightly silly here, Mr.

You've suggested that even without a Goalkeeper, we wouldn't have scored, and from your subsequent posts, actually backed that up as though you believe it would be true.

What Sexblowsound is saying, is that if the opponents didn't play a goalkeeper, why wouldn't all the Villa players just shoot on sight, and score easy goals, which essentially, is exactly what would happen.

Your point about not needing GK's is completely irrelevant, isn't it?

Was just in the process of writing a response and then saw this. So basically what he said. Cheers Lapal.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

I think the fact the club is for sale is one of the route causes of low morale, poor performances and general bad vibes. Lambert was, in my opinion, given a new deal to make him feel more secure despite the club being for sale. This has backfired with 5 defeats on the trot (despite playing some top sides). 

Lambert will know in his heart of hearts that he is gone as soon as a new owner comes. I imagine that it is incredibly tough to be in the role knowing that you're there as a stop gap - he is a man under constant pressure and this must translate through to the players. 

I would sack him if we could agree to bring someone like Tony Pulis in because we need someone to believe again. Realistically things won't get much better until we are sold because there is so much negativity and it is contagious, but having a new manager in could be the short term boost needed to bring some feel good factor back. 

Lambert will know in his heart of hearts that he is gone as soon as a new owner comes. I imagine that it is incredibly tough to be in the role knowing that you're there as a stop gap - he is a man under constant pressure and this must translate through to the players.

Depends what clauses are in his contract. He could be laughing all the way to the bank.

Wouldn't be an open goal if they stick an outfielder in nets :P

I think that's the crux of the issue. For the opponent at the moment their keeper is the guy who takes goal kicks and stops us shooting from 30 yards all the time. He's not got much else to worry about

• Like 1

Now that I think of it, if the opposition played with no keeper that'd mean they'd have 11 outfield players. They'd bloody murder us. All they'd need to do is put one outfield player on each of our outfield players, and our complete lack of movement would mean their spare man could just run through and score every time

His severence costs would have to be factored into any club sale.

I'm still scratching my head. What kind of idiot tries to sell a club and puts its failing manager on a four-year contract?

If anything just extend by a year.

I can kind of have some sympathy with Randy on some of his bad decisisions whist at the helm (except McRubbish), but why the Fudge did he do this? Was he drugged? I want answers.

Great analogy there to be fair.

That's the important question: Is Paul Lambert getting the most out of the players he brought to the club, as well as the ones that were already here? It doesn't matter how much he spent on those players, or whether they were first choice or not. What matters is the manager's ability to get them playing to the best of their abilities in a system that suits them. And the answer to that question is, IMO, no. A resounding no. All that remains to know is if he can change that or not

• Like 1

Well, you can think that alls you like, I agree with it in most cases.

But at the end of the day, whatever we think is worth diddly squat now because we can't afford to get rid of him.

May as well get behind whatever he's trying to do until we have an alternative.

• Like 1

Wigan, Burnley, Bolton, Fulham & Leicester are saying hi

Bolton didn't play decent football when they went down, they reverted more to a direct style the longer Coyle was there. Burnley will go down regardless of how they play. And Fulham? That's news to me.

You can put Nigel Mansell in a Lada. He will still never beat a Ferrari.

BUT.... You can bet he'll get the most out of it.

Yep, really like that one.

That's why I see little point keeping him. He's not getting the best out of the squad he's built.

What condescending claptrap, we've been in the same shouting distance to relegation as we have been to midtable. And Benteke aside, assuming he starts scoring again, Lambert's transfers haven't been too good at all.

"our squad isn't that bad at all"... "Lambert's transfers haven't been too good at all".

Which is it please?  Should be doing better with Lambert's squad or is Lambert's squad poor?

Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

What condescending claptrap, we've been in the same shouting distance to relegation as we have been to midtable. And Benteke aside, assuming he starts scoring again, Lambert's transfers haven't been too good at all.

"our squad isn't that bad at all"... "Lambert's transfers haven't been too good at all".

Which is it please? Should be doing better with Lambert's squad or is Lambert's squad poor?

Haters gonna hate.

You seem to dismiss players Lambert has inherited.

He's built an average squad and isn't doing very well with them at the moment.

Not sure what your last line is trying to prove. If we weren't performing badly I could understand you trying to make out people just criticise for the sake of it. But doing that when you look at our form over the last 12 months seems pointless.

Which is it please? Should be doing better with Lambert's squad or is Lambert's squad poor?

Haters gonna hate.

You seem to dismiss players Lambert has inherited.

He's built an average squad and isn't doing very well with them at the moment.

Not sure what your last line is trying to prove. If we weren't performing badly I could understand you trying to make out people just criticise for the sake of it. But doing that when you look at our form over the last 12 months seems pointless.

The players Lambert has inherited are not the better players in our team.

The last line doesn't "prove" anything.  It's just that people who dislike Lambert, dislike him regardless.  He can't both have made a "not bad at all" squad yet also have made "not too good at all" transfers.  It's just hating for hating's sake.

Â