Paul Lambert

limpid

Expectation is all any of us have. Neither you nor anyone else can guarantee the reality.

Mid table was many peoples expectation at the start of the season with the squad we have so I think it is not unreasonable that a decent manager could achieve it.

You do know we're only 3 points of being 8th right?

That's even higher than mid-table! :lol:

And you do know we've played most of last seasons top 8 clubs recently?

That post made me :lol:

You do know that we have lost 5 games on the bounce conceding 13 goals and scoring 0? :D

You do know that with 4 goals scored we are the lowest scoring team in the Premiership? :D

You do know that Lambert has shown over the last 2 seasons that he is not capable of getting the results required to finish much higher than just outside the relegation zone? :D

We can all come up with great one liners! :D

I with you chap all the way. Lapal your looking for any excuse to keep the manager here. As I said previously, if we lose another 5 games which to me is not an implausible feat he will have to go and squash every reason you have to keep him here, surely.

Replies like this make me wonder why I bother. I've outlined all my expectations and ambitions over the last couple of pages.

It's completely evident that you haven't read any of it and come in here and replied to your quoted post.

You've wasted your time and mine.

If you would read it over, you'd know I'm not happy with how things are turning out, I won't give anymore away, but please don't come swashbuckling in to a discussion and point fingers when really, I've already addressed whatever it is you're trying to say.

It's embarrassing and a waste of space.

• Like 3

So i guess nothing has changed then

It's got to the point where i pray on my drive home from work every day that he will be given the bullet

guess i'll have to put up with him pretending to be a football manager for a little longer

Edited by AshVilla

Regressed may be the wrong word. But in 2 years there's been zero progress.

We have gone from averaging 1 pt a game to averaging 1.04 pts game

We have gone from averaging 0.97 goals per game to averaging 1.01 goals per game

We have gone from letting in an average of 1.39 goals a game to 1.61 goals a game.

Regression no, but absolutely 0 progress from one of our worst managers in history 2 years later.

Edited by DCJonah

We need to press the restart button and view the Tottenham game as the first of the season.

No we don't, that's the last thing we need to do. That is just simply sweeping all the issues under the carpet and expecting them to disappear again.

• Like 1

We need to press the restart button and view the Tottenham game as the first of the season.

No we don't, that's the last thing we need to do. That is just simply sweeping all the issues under the carpet and expecting them to disappear again.
Ok B. Killington

I'm seeing the 'keep Lambert' arguments as.

- We won't attract somebody who can do better.

- We need to get rid of the owner first.

- We need to support the team.

Can anybody share a pro-Lambert argument which is for his ability to manage?

• Like 3

I'm seeing the 'keep Lambert' arguments as.

- We won't attract somebody who can do better.

- We need to get rid of the owner first.

- We need to support the team.

Can anybody share a pro-Lambert argument which is for his ability to manage?

I don't think there is one for his time here. You could look at Norwich but I'm not sure that shows much now.

• Like 1

The plastic has worn away on that button! [emoji4]

:) In all seriousness we do need to return to the basics, and display the energy and concentration we did in the first few games. 

I agree that the issues shouldn't be swept under the carpet, but as a fanbase we need to forget about them temporarily and focus on supporting the team just for the 90 minutes against Spurs.

Definately groundhog day!

Don't you think it's a good thing that fans focus all their energy on getting behind the team during games?

Lapal what do you expect from this season and next? What do you think our future is under Lambert?

Cool question.

This season? I expect us to be around 13th/14th at the end of the season.  I think we'll have spells where we're looking over our shoulders (due to teams below us picking up points here and there) and we'll have spells where we'll be hoping that we can catch teams in 10th, but ultimately fail (because we'll pick up points here and there).

Next season? If we haven't been sold (God, I hope we do), then I expect exactly the same, maybe with a little investment on 1 or 2 players, we could reach the dizzy heights of 10th.

If we have been sold next summer - I'd expect us to go for a manager with a good reputation, invest good money and expect a top 10 finish straight away.

I agree with everyone who says we're playing pants football, believe me, I do.  But I honestly think, in our current situation, we can expect nothing more than survival, which we have done. 

And what comes with "just surviving"? Weekends upon weekend of misery, frustration, anger and the very occasional "PHEW!", when we pick up a win.

That's what I expect. 

An honest answer.

But it is so depressing.

I agree that the issues shouldn't be swept under the carpet, but as a fanbase we need to forget about them temporarily and focus on supporting the team just for the 90 minutes against Spurs.

Definately groundhog day!

Don't you think it's a good thing that fans focus all their energy on getting behind the team during games?

Yeah definately, but how long until we run out of energy and focus??? Were being pushed to the limits this season

Â