Paul Lambert

limpid

As sad as it is.....This manager's reign is not going to end up with a happy ending, the signs are clear to me and some eminent people in the game that there is no leadership at The Training ground or on the pitch on match day, particularly if Ron Vlaar is not playing.

Paul's time is up in my opinion.....it just simply hasn't worked.....and that is sad.

Neither you or your eminent friends have any idea what's going on at the training ground. From the communications of support from the players, most recently Guzan, the only "signs" are that they are a cohesive unit, working hard to sort out current problems.

Under current ownership, when 10th place is the zenith of possible achievement, no manager will be able to deliver your "happy ending"

• Like 2

As sad as it is.....This manager's reign is not going to end up with a happy ending, the signs are clear to me and some eminent people in the game that there is no leadership at The Training ground or on the pitch on match day, particularly if Ron Vlaar is not playing.

Paul's time is up in my opinion.....it just simply hasn't worked.....and that is sad.

Neither you or your eminent friends have any idea what's going on at the training ground. From the communications of support from the players, most recently Guzan, the only "signs" are that they are a cohesive unit, working hard to sort out current problems.

Under current ownership, when 10th place is the zenith of possible achievement, no manager will be able to deliver your "happy ending"

Rubbish. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

It was just my opinion, and others that i would value,like you have yours, however you are no more, in high office to doubt me...football folk stick together when large sums of money are at stake, so he would say that wouldn't he.

as for the cohesive unit it .......certainly looks like it. ;)

Edited by TRO

Firstly 10th isn't the zenith of possible achievement.

Secondly, I find it hard to believe most managers would do worse than Lambert. It doesn't need to be a "happy ending" but it does need to be a hell of a lot better than the current tripe served up.

How confident are we for Lambert to break another club record tomorrow?

Listen to LVG on SSN earlier talking about Falcao, not disrepecting the player, but saying he needs to prove himself to get back into the squad. Now much has been said about Lambert how he always covers for the players an says they are doing there best, when blatently we can see some are not. LVG proves there are ways of saying a player is not good enough without disrespecting them. This is part of what don't respect about Lambert. Our players are not a bunch of kids anymore and if the likes of Weimann, Gabby aren't performing, he is more than welcome to take some heat off himself and say so in so in interviews, Him continuing to say the players are doing there best and never saying the squad had a bad day, makes more fans think, he is to blame everytime or he has zero faith in the team to do any better.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

There does seem to be from some an almost personal element towards the clamouring for Lambert's departure. I find that quite sad.

Personal, what on earth are you talking about.....from what i can gather most folk think he is quite likeable and i for one have written posts to that effect.

do you not think it could be the results and that it is anything but personal.

• Like 1

There does seem to be from some an almost personal element towards the clamouring for Lambert's departure. I find that quite sad.

Personal, what on earth are you talking about.....from what i can gather most folk think he is quite likeable and i for one have written posts to that effect.

Yep, nobody has called him a buffoon, Idiot, Clueless (Insert generic insult here). The majority of people saying he is likeable are the ones supporting him or the ones that aren't caught up in the realm of the black and white.

I also said from some......

Edited by sexbelowsound

Listen to LVG on SSN earlier talking about Falco, not disrepecting the player, but saying he needs to prove himself to get back into the squad. Now much has been said about Lambert how he always covers for the players an says they are doing there best, when blatently we can see some are not. LVG proves there are ways of saying a player is not good enough without disrespecting them. This is part of what don't respect about Lambert. Our players are not a bunch of kids anymore and if the likes of Weimann, Gabby aren't performing, he is more than welcome to take some heat off himself and say so in so in interviews, Him continuing to say the players are doing there best and never saying the squad had a bad day, makes more fans think, he is to blame everytime or he has zero faith in the team to do any better.

It's what he says to them in training that matters. We're doing badly because we can't score goals, not because the manager isn't dishing out enough public humiliation.

• Like 1

Yep, nobody has called him a buffoon, Idiot, Clueless (Insert generic insult here). The majority of people saying he is likeable are the ones supporting him or the ones that aren't caught up in the realm of the black and white.

I personally would love him to do well, I think he's a great bloke, but I've ran out of any hope of that happening. I think he'd do a good job for someone when not shopping in the bargain bin, but there are few managers who can do well on a shoestring and boost the morale of the players when they really are playing bad. Generally you'd just drop those players and put someone else in, but we don't really have that luxury.

There is a complete difference between

well I can only speak for myself, but I think he is quite likeable, thats personal....just that results that he is responsible for are appalling....thats professional.

sometimes managers just don't fit a club....i believe that to be the case.

• Like 1

well I can only speak for myself, but I think he is quite likeable, thats personal....just that results that he is responsible for are appalling....thats professional.

I'm not asking for people to justify themselves at all! Who am I to do that! It was just a general observation that I believe to be true.

I'm not asking for people to justify themselves at all! Who am I to do that! It was just a general observation that I believe to be true.

Do you believe it rains meatballs too?

Listen to LVG on SSN earlier talking about Falco, not disrepecting the player, but saying he needs to prove himself to get back into the squad. Now much has been said about Lambert how he always covers for the players an says they are doing there best, when blatently we can see some are not. LVG proves there are ways of saying a player is not good enough without disrespecting them. This is part of what don't respect about Lambert. Our players are not a bunch of kids anymore and if the likes of Weimann, Gabby aren't performing, he is more than welcome to take some heat off himself and say so in so in interviews, Him continuing to say the players are doing there best and never saying the squad had a bad day, makes more fans think, he is to blame everytime or he has zero faith in the team to do any better.

It's what he says to them in training that matters. We're doing badly because we can't score goals, not because the manager isn't dishing out enough public humiliation.

Please read the post chap. Its not about publicly humiliating players is it. Its about mentioning when a player don't put a shift in, or players have to fight for there places, It seems much to easy playing for Lambert and he don't help himself by saying the players did there best when even we can see one or two were useless. Only makes fans think it must be Lambert's shit tactics then.

• Like 2

Paul is a nice guy

But an awful football manager

He isn't employed to be a nice guy he's employed to get us winning games and get his team to score goals something we do not do

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Do you believe it rains meatballs too?

I said from some. How is this difficult to understand? If you aren't one of those people calling him one of the numerous personal insults that have been thrown his way throughout this thread then you need not concern yourself with the original post I made.

Either way, I've seen them, I've read them and they aren't necessary. Its really that simple.

Listen to LVG on SSN earlier talking about Falcao, not disrepecting the player, but saying he needs to prove himself to get back into the squad. Now much has been said about Lambert how he always covers for the players an says they are doing there best, when blatently we can see some are not. LVG proves there are ways of saying a player is not good enough without disrespecting them. This is part of what don't respect about Lambert. Our players are not a bunch of kids anymore and if the likes of Weimann, Gabby aren't performing, he is more than welcome to take some heat off himself and say so in so in interviews, Him continuing to say the players are doing there best and never saying the squad had a bad day, makes more fans think, he is to blame everytime or he has zero faith in the team to do any better.

Didn't PL do an interview recently where he said Grealish needs to prove himself and earn his place in the team. How is this different?

• Like 1

Didn't PL do an interview recently where he said Grealish needs to prove himself and earn his place in the team. How is this different?

so why could'nt he make the same statement publicly about Gabby.....if its good for the goose...

I'll tell you why because he ducks it.

oh! sorry about the pun.

• Like 1

Â