Paul Lambert

limpid

New RB ... Okore ... Vlaar ... Bertrand

With a defensive midfielder in front of them I think we'd be set

I'd like Naughton at right back and still think another CB is needed, maybe an experienced cover. 

Not for me but I understand why some would want it. For me, I want at least another season. However, I will expect much more from him then and I won`t be as forgiving. 

I just dont think he is capable of much more! He has had a whole 2nd season with money to spend and im seeing worst than last!!

Not for me but I understand why some would want it. For me, I want at least another season. However, I will expect much more from him then and I won`t be as forgiving.

I just dont think he is capable of much more! He has had a whole 2nd season with money to spend and im seeing worst than last!!

That's the worry. He lost no key players and added to the squad and we're not really any better and are playing much worse.

I was directly responding to BJ10's comment that "he lost no key players and added to the squad"

and although he didn't lose any key players to other clubs, he has lost them to injury, Benteke and Vlaar being the prime examples from last seasons signings and Okore and Kozak the examples from this seasons signings. 

That's the worry. He lost no key players and added to the squad and we're not really any better and are playing much worse.

Apart from losing benteke, gabby, vlaar and okore through injury.

He didn't add to the squad, he was still building a squad as part of the rebuilding.

Haven't we had worse injury problems this year though?

Kozak/Benteke/Vlaar (again), Okore etc..?

Every team suffers injuries through the season. He's ran out of excuses, and the sooner he's out of our club the better.

He hasn't ran out of excuses, and nor has he tried to make excuses.

People just don't understand what needed/ needs to be done.

As much as this season hasn't been great, I don't think we're seeing worse than last season.

Yeah you're right, let's just ignore that then and just blame lambert for it. Lambert out!

This is the standard line now. No evidence to defend him anymore so a sarcastic Lambert out post.

As much as this season hasn't been great, I don't think we're seeing worse than last season.

I think our football is worse than last season and by the end I don't think there will be much difference in our results and points.

I think it would be an awful shame if Lambert wasn't able to make this opportunity count. There aren't enough UK coaches and managers doing it at a high level and Lambert will struggle to get another job at this level. This season Clarke, MacKay and Holloway have all lost their jobs, and will probably have to drop down to the championship if they want another job (a position Holloway is in already). David Moyes is drowning in Fergie's shadow. Hughes is unquestionably ambitious, but has a very questionable record especially recently. Effective and experienced managers like Allerdyce and Pulis are getting results, but the style of play they employ to do so means their stock is very low. At this rate, one day Hughton is going to get lynched by his own fans. Nobody really knows what to make of Sherwood, but it looks nailed on that he'll get the boot regardless of how he does anyway.

The only manager from the UK really doing it at a top level is Rodgers - who else is looking good at the moment? Bruce, Pardew - hardly managers without question marks over their heads. Would be a shame for Lambert, who looked like he could have a great career ahead of him when he burst into the premier league with Norwich, to be unable to make it. Both for us at Villa and for the success of UK managers.

Every club has injuries. Every year we will have a good player out at some point. Such a poor excuse.

Well last year we had Benteke without injury for the whole season. He scored a lot of goals.

This year he has been injured for a large part and has scored less goals. If he'd have been constantly fit we'd be doing better than we are currently, no? 

Doing well full credit to Lambert. Doing bad not his fault and find excuses.

If benteke was fit I'm sure you and others would find another reason to excuse club record breaking shit performances.

Well you for one certainly can't blame Lambert because you have already stated on here on numerous occasions that the blame lies 100% with the owner.

Get out of that.

Doing well full credit to Lambert. Doing bad not his fault and find excuses.

If benteke was fit I'm sure you and others would find another reason to excuse club record breaking shit performances.

Nope.

Doing well - credit goes to Lambert, the players, coaches etc..

Doing badly - blame falls on Lambert, the players, coaches etc... 

Yeah you're right, let's just ignore that then and just blame lambert for it. Lambert out!

This is the standard line now. No evidence to defend him anymore so a sarcastic Lambert out post.

I think our football is worse than last season and by the end I don't think there will be much difference in our results and points.

Or maybe people are bored with the same arguments time and time again and the reasons to defend Lambert are still the same.

Â