Paul Lambert

limpid

I fancy this side.

-----------------Guzan-----------------

----------Lowton-----Clark--Baker------

Herd-----------------------------------Luna

-----------KEA-----Westwood---Sylla-------

---------------Bowery----------Holt--------------

I fancy this site too.... To get smashed every game lol!!

One thing I don't understand, apparently we were unlucky last night, yet when people suggest were were lucky against Southampton/Man City they are told it is nothing to do with luck.

How does that work?

Southampton and city created not much from open play. Yesterday, villa created far more, the other keeper was just in amazing form. How many good saves did Guzan have to make against Southampton and city, compared to Marshall yesterday?

Tactically Lambert got it spot on against Liverpool so I'm unsure why some think he is weak in this area?

Because we rarely play like we did against Liverpool.
And he changed it vs Everton and got it totally wrong!!!! He is forever doing this!!

He got it right. Totally stymied a far superior everton side for 50 minutes. The issue was that he didn't react and change it sooner.

People associated defensive tactics with bad tactics. It's not the same thing.

I see Rene Meulensteen has been sacked from fulham now! 

People must be thinking, weather we want Lambert sacked or not, its a results business and he is a very fortunate manager at the the moment.

Or that Fulham are acting ridiculously? Don't use their situation as a control. It's simply not.

• Like 1

Your argument would have carried far more weight last season. I actually think most fans would be quite surprised to see him go at this moment in time.

You talk about the results business but that's been one of his stronger points this season. Ok, we're a bit closer to the relegation zone than we'd all like but we've kept out of the main battle for the entire season so far.

Edited by Mantis

Tactically Lambert got it spot on against Liverpool so I'm unsure why some think he is weak in this area?

And he changed it vs Everton and got it totally wrong!!!! He is forever doing this!!

He got it right. Totally stymied a far superior everton side for 50 minutes. The issue was that he didn't react and change it sooner.

Kept quiet an striker-less Everton side missing key players, by playing 5 at the back and hoofing it. Hardly a tactical master class was it.

• Like 1

Its not just Fulham this season though is it. Look at the bigger picture guys. I dont think fans of other clubs would be too shocked if Lambert was sacked, the board would'nt need much of an excuse as home form would say it all!!!

I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Using Fulham is a terrible example.

I'd argue that they shouldn't of even sacked jol.

• Like 1

Kept quiet an striker-less Everton side missing key players, by playing 5 at the back and hoofing it. Hardly a tactical master class was it.
Yes, keeping a champions league chasing sidee quiet away from home is a tough thing to do. Why? Villa were missing some key players as well, in fact probably just as many if not more than Everton. But ignore that and just focus on the players everton had injured.

If it was so easy to do with five at the back like you claim, why don't more do that?

Edited by Rovers13

He's been very lucky so far to keep his job. On balance I'm still backing hm but I will not be happy at all if we slide and finish 15 or 16th when it won't exactly take superhuman performances to get 10th.

I think more money will be given to be spent this summer otherwise why would he sign a new deal? Please no more cheapo squad players, we have enough.

But above all, give us some home wins man. I think even Mantis would give up arguing for him to be given more time if at this point next season we again have a home record of 3 wins out of 13 games.

• Like 1

Yes, keeping a champions league chasing sidee quiet away from home is a tough thing to do. Why? Villa were missing some key players as well, in fact probably just as many if not more than Everton. But ignore that and just focus on the players everton had injured.

If it was so easy to do with five at the back like you claim, why don't more do that?

Do what?

Lose, have 1 shot on target and have 29% possession, jesus wept, hardly anything to be proud of is it.

Do what?

Lose, have 1 shot on target and have 29% possession, jesus wept, hardly anything to be proud of is it.

As I said, his initial tactics were good. He didn't adjust in the second half after Martinez did, that's what cost Villa the match. And a world class free kick.

Do what?

As I said, his initial tactics were good. He didn't adjust in the second half after Martinez did, that's what cost Villa the match. And a world class free kick.

That was the result of a stupid foul, and the first a defensive mistake all Lambert's fault of course.

He's not been lucky not to be sacked, he has done everything he's been asked to do by Lerner and Faulkner FFS. We may have different goals to those who run the club but there is very little else he could have done to achieve what he has been told to achieve by those above him. He will only get sacked if we get relegated.

Al Fayed wanted to sell Fulham for years, when he couldn't find a buyer he held on to the club and did enough to achieve mid-table security. Once he did sell, things have gone down the pan for them. Currently they are a bad example to us.

Â