Paul Lambert

limpid

Is it my imagination or has he got a nervous smirk.

most times he gets interviewed usually after a game he looks like he is about to burst out laughing..... a bit Simon Cowellesque.

I have to say he looks amongst the most composed managers in the League....perhaps he don't give a flying ****

I'm struggling to see improvement or progression.

We have 12 games left and in our previous 12 games we got 9 points.

Last year we had a good 10 game period at the end of the year when lambert found a tactic and formation that worked. Just can't see that happening at the moment.

I'm struggling to see improvement or progression.

We have 12 games left and in our previous 12 games we got 9 points.

Last year we had a good 10 game period at the end of the year when lambert found a tactic and formation that worked. Just can't see that happening at the moment.

Improve funding and then, and only then, will you see major improvements.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Don't give Lambert any money. 
He's just trying to find that one player that will make him look like a genius - that one bargain player that bangs in the only goal to keep Villa safe - he's tried it so many damn times. Our side is now littered with worse players on lower wages so at least we're getting what we paid for... uuugghhh. You know, why are we surprised? MON-->Houllier-->McLeish-->Lambert.... 

• Like 2

Nobody wants to win for a manager who has lost the dressing-room.

Yawn.

He's just trying to find that one player that will make him look like a genius - that one bargain player that bangs in the only goal to keep Villa safe - he's tried it so many damn times. Our side is now littered with worse players on lower wages so at least we're getting what we paid for... uuugghhh. You know, why are we surprised? MON-->Houllier-->McLeish-->Lambert.... 

:crylaugh: Worse players? Yea right.

Yawn.

Ahem.  Tonev.  Easily the worst player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

When did you start watching Villa? This season? It makes me laugh because Tonev rarely plays. Stop overreacting dude.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

When did you start watching Villa this season? It makes me laugh because Tonev rarely plays. Stop overreacting dude.

Seriously though he is easily one of the most horrific players in my time as a fan, although hes in a fairly large group so thats not saying much.

No mate I'm not and it could have been a more gradual process.

Since this seems to be the last bastion of defence for Lambert what do think is more important.

The fact that he has reduced wage outlay or results?

It might be the last defence but its a pretty important one.

I couldn't care much about the wages and no I wouldn't jump for joy knowing we've reduced our wage bill.

Obviously results are more important to a football fan.

But you can't just ignore what he's had to do. It could of been more gradual but you don't get time in football, this thread proves that.

TLR i don't think anyone has ignored what he has had to do but it's the way he has done it which has grated with me and others.

The major upheaval in playing staff was a contributor to our start and indeed to our form over two thirds of last season and the fans realized this which is why apart from a select few (me included) the fans didn't get onto his back and were prepared to give him time.

Our form this season with few exceptions has been poor again with the majority of fans still showing patience but that patience is starting to wane a little now because the football played has, by and large, been dreadful with two wins in the last 13 with no real improvement.

So I feel it is a little unfair to suggest that Lambert hasn't been given time to at least show some improvement in the way we are currently playing and most fans if shown that improvement would accept that for the time being.

When did you start watching Villa? This season? It makes me laugh because Tonev rarely plays. Stop overreacting dude.

Roughly about 1979.  And I didn't say he played a lot, I said he's the worst player I've ever seen, and I honestly can't think of anybody worse.  Mark Kinsella would be very close though, so OK "Tonev, arguably not quite as bad as Mark Kinsella".  He's still dreadful and a total waste of £2.5m though.

Lambo needs to improve big time for me.  I always said I will judget him at the end of the season, and I will.  However, at the minute I can only see it going one way.  Yes he has had a limited budget and he had to overhaul the whole squad.  However, I am more concerned with his tactics, decisions and lack of a football philosophy. 

• Like 2

Yawn.

What a sodding exaggeration, worst player really.

You are not convinced Lambert is doing a good job because the job is not finished yet. It will be better to judge him (properly) at the end of next season.

So do you reckon the job will be 'finished' at the end of next season and, if so, what will 'finished' look like?

Stefan Moore, Salifou, Beye, Berson, Drobny, Agathe, Holt.

I'm not saying Tonev is good, he's been poor for us, but we have had some dross play for us over the years, he is not the worst we've ever had.

I saw Stefan Moore play quite well for Villa in a few games, including his debut against Charlton when he scored with his second touch.  Salifou was crap, but played well in at least one European game.  In any case, he was a last minute freeby from the Swiss second division, not a £2.5m buy.  Berson actually played quite well every time I saw him, he just couldn't settle in England.  Drobny didn't play a single minute for Villa in a competitive game so is impossible to compare.  Agathe was on a short term contract, and I only vaguely remember him under O'Neill, but I don't recall him being as woeful as Tonev.  Holt's fat and rubbish, but even he doesn't manage to shonk every shot into row z and make every promising move break down by making the wrong decision every single time. 

Â