Paul Lambert

limpid

Not sure how anyone on here can claim to know 'the truth' other than Lambert, Lerner, Faulkner etc, or HH before he was fired.

It was your assertion that Lambert would've been sacked at any other club was "truth" that I was contesting.

Do i need to preface everything with the words 'In my opinion'

or a disclaimer that says: The above is not the truth but thank you for reading

this is a forum surely that is implied

this is no attack specifically on you Mantis as i read your posts with interest always, but if you aim comments at me I will always answer them.

Edited by VillanousOne

Did Dortmund sell all their best players then have a recruitment drive from the German lower leagues snapping up no marks on cheap wages?

What a load of rubbish.

They didn't sell their best players but they did pick up tonnes of players from lower leagues around the world.

I suggest you read this, educate yourself a bit before making ridiculous, condescending comments that you can't back up.

i think the mirror is needed before you make any comments about ridiculous and condescending. You certainly fit that bill 100% based on the way you post. People have differing views to you why not accept that and debate?

Ignoring the personal attack:

1) The OP said did 'Dortmund have a recruitment drive from lower leagues'? You have a go at me, yet the OP called somebody else's opinion 'rubbish'. I don't see you having a go at him?

2) That irked me, especially considering that Dortmund DID pick up tonnes of players from lower leagues. So I said that.

Do you know how a debate works?

Poster says something -> I dispute what was said using evidence. That is exactly what I did.

Your entire post there is doing exactly what you accuse me of. You haven't attempted to debate the point, or even try to stay on topic. You've just gone after me. It's a shame.

stefan you whole posting style in respect to lambert is aggressive and rude. People on other forums have said so and while you may not think it so it certainly comes across like to that for many. But ignoring all of that and looking at the subject in hand .....

Re Lambert and this whole dortmund excuse that desperate seem to use, do you think its valid and if so why, show some real examples?

Stefan you are a young kid with a lot of villa watching ahead of you. My only advice is remove the claret and blue glasses and underpants, accept that sometimes things will go wrong, look at what mistakes lambert has, is and will make and then in an objective frame of mind think could and should we do better. (Plus remove the attitude and lighten up)

Never read such a load of patronising guff in my life. Who are you to talk down to me like that? Especially with your snide attitude. Example: 'But ignoring all of that and looking at the subject in hand .....' ie: 'I'm going to get a crafty personal attack in then disregard it straight away.'

I wasn't comparing us to Dortmund. Not in the slightest. Here's that strawman argument again. If you read what I said, all I was doing was disputing the point (and the only point) that "Dortmund haven't bought players from the lower leagues". Because they have. It's as simple as that. Not sure how that means I am comparing us to Dortmund.

Again it's a shame that your latest post is yet another personal attack that has nothing to do with the topic. 

You continually have me down as a person who has complete blind faith in Lambert. But if we actually look at what I post about Lambert, then it is clear that isn't the case. It's a viewpoint that you've made up to suit your rather clear agenda. I think the best review I've given Lambert recently is that he's doing an 'average job' and that 'I wouldn't replace him with Laudrup'. Is that blind faith? I have constantly posted that Lambert has made mistakes. As recently as the Everton game. But that doesn't suit your perceived opinion. 

What I said to 'avfc1982' wasn't without reason. He rather aggressively dismissed another poster's opinion, so I responded. You have seemingly gone on the attack over that and have made an issue out of nothing.

Not sure how anyone on here can claim to know 'the truth' other than Lambert, Lerner, Faulkner etc, or HH before he was fired.

It was your assertion that Lambert would've been sacked at any other club was "truth" that I was contesting.

Do i need to preface everything with the words 'In my opinion'

or a disclaimer that says: The above is not the truth but thank you for reading

this is a forum surely that is implied

this is no attack specifically on you Mantis as i read your posts with interest always, but if you aim comments at me I will always answer them.

Not at all. My only issue was how you put "that is the truth" at the end.

Lerner is a problem for this football club. But that doesn't give Lambert a pass.

Yes because Lambert has received zero criticism since becoming the manager.  :rolleyes:

It was a response to you saying that Lambert isnt the problem. I'm saying its looking like he is.

Lerner is a problem for this football club. But that doesn't give Lambert a pass.

Yes because Lambert has received zero criticism since becoming the manager.  :rolleyes:

It was a response to you saying that Lambert isnt the problem. I'm saying its looking like he is.

The bigger problem is Lerner IMO.

Pieface lerner is lamberts get out of jail free card

100% this!

None of you (few) Lambert supporters could guarantee with 50 million Lambert would turn this club. He can change the players but he cannot change his coaching style or outdated tactics???

• Like 1

It's not Lerner's fault that we got out-tacticked (love that word) by Big Sam.

It's not Lambert's fault that he didn't get much money.

There's a combination of factors, much like anything.

• Like 2

But aren't you trying to state it as fact.

Nope.

Lambert would have done much better bringing in a ACM, rather than flapping over another striker (Kozak). We can do without a main striker with Weimann and Gabby. ACM was so important but he blew the money on Kozak. Im really struggling with the tight budget excuse after blowing 40 million! Also im struggling to see any progress with a team which have been playing together for the best part of 2 seasons.

If anything you have to admit our home form is undefensible, this is what we are paying to watch, surely he could change it.

Kozak has contributed to nine points, bad example I think.  ;)

But there's no proof Weimann or Gabby couldn't have done this

Blaming Lerner or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that Lambert has wasted a lot of money on players who are not good enough

He's brought an entire squad (and more) for under £50m. Unfair to judge players who have not played an entire season in the Premier League.

I think Lambert will resign before being sacked.

Fingers crossed

Lambert has done everything that has been asked of him from Lerner. 

RL - Hi Paul its Randy

PL - Hi Randy

RL - Could you lose at home to Sheffield United please?

PL - Aye no problem

he's had he has far less room for error than most other managers in this league.

Really? Losing 8 times at home is a shit load of room for error.

Blaming Lerner or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that Lambert has wasted a lot of money on players who are not good enough

His margin of error is a lot smaller though because of the lack of funds.

That said, I don't think he's made any particularly bad signings when you take into account what he spent (maybe Bennett). A lot of his signings have been for very little and on very low wages and they've performed to that very low standard.

he's had he has far less room for error than most other managers in this league.

See above.

Edited by Mantis

His margin of error is a lot smaller though because of the lack of funds.

That said, I don't think he's made any particularly bad signings when you take into account what he spent (maybe Bennett). A lot of his signings have been for very little and on very low wages and they've performed to that very low standard.

See above.

Equal blame for me, RL should of invested more in the team and PL shouldn't of wasted at least 7m on players who aren't of Premiership quality e.g. Bennett, KEA, Tonev and Bowery. Are they building for a future in the Championship??

Reasons we lost to West Ham yesterday, 1) No Vlaar, 2) lack of decent options, apart from Albrighton coming off the bench and 3) poor choices of substitutions. 

Edited by Avflife

You are as good as admitting no difference between Lambert and O'Neil. Both managers need vast amounts of money to get progression in the league.

As has been stated previous, I think we should start steering clear of Scottish or Irish managers from now on.

A little random but Faulkner seems to get away with a hell of a lot on here, as he is the one running the club in Randy's absence

He's brought an entire squad (and more) for under £50m. Unfair to judge players who have not played an entire season in the Premier League.

KEA, Sylla, Tonev, Bowery, Bennett and Luna are a complete waste of money. 

Yes, he hasn't had a huge budget but what he has had, he has wasted on rubbish

• Like 1

I do hear the argument that PL has not had his first choice targets and I also know that it is extremely difficult for him to defend HIMSELF with that line, but

do you think Graham Taylor, Brian Little, John Gregory,Ron Saunders, Ron Atkinson.......had their first choice targets.

There comes a time, when it is what it is and he has to take it on the chin

ps and just to top it all Sidwell just scores against Man U with a Holtby Cross....where's that *****ing black cat.

When I first read this, I said to my son "you watch Bent will now come on for Fulham and score!" Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I think that's because, unlike Lambert and Lerner whose performances can be easily scrutinised by what happens on the pitch and by funding , nobody really knows what Faulkner's remit is. It's why I personally never get drawn into condemning him.

It's not Lerner's fault that we got out-tacticked (love that word) by Big Sam.

It's not Lambert's fault that he didn't get much money.

There's a combination of factors, much like anything.

It is why we are so inconsistent.

Â