Paul Lambert

limpid

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

1-0 and 2-1 up against a dreadful Bristol City and ended up losing 2-3. 

Stop managing football clubs paul, your no good at it. 

It's the people employing him that are the real mugs.  If people paid me thousands to do something I was shit at I'd snap their hand off.

• Haha 1

He inexplicably abandoned his principles of quick counterattacking football with young players from his Norwich and Wycombe days and devolved into a McLeish-lite.

The problem is that he has no idea how to play that kind of football as Pulis/Allardyce/Bruce et al do, as they wholeheartedly believed in that style and employed it from day one. The only reason he does is because he's too chickenshit to go back to his ways after presumably being scarred during the Christmas period of 2012. He's damaged goods, should probably retire after relegating Ipswich. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He inexplicably abandoned his principles of quick counterattacking football with young players from his Norwich and Wycombe days and devolved into a McLeish-lite.

The problem is that he has no idea how to play that kind of football as Pulis/Allardyce/Bruce et al do, as they wholeheartedly believed in that style and employed it from day one. The only reason he does is because he's too chickenshit to go back to his ways after presumably being scarred during the Christmas period of 2012. He's damaged goods, should probably retire after relegating Ipswich. 

Pretty much. There was a decent manager in there, but clearly his first season with us had some sort of effect on him.

Â