Paul Lambert

limpid

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well you've made up that Lambert had given up. 

I'd say the evidence that Conte has given up is much stronger. They've won 1 of the last 5. His body language has completely changed, he says his future "isn't his problem". He blatantly doesn't want to be there. Chelsea probably don't want him but Abramovich doesn't want to keep paying off managers.

I have not "made up" that he had given up. I think you are a good poster Stevo, you raise good posts but you shouldn't accuse someone of making something up when they have a differing opinion to you. My observation as others have also said is of he had given up. 

Onto Lambert look at his run of results before he was sacked? look at the players they had given. He didn't even have  a assistant manager for gods sake. Who does that? Look at his body language ? He was broken he gave up. Lerner of course is a cretin we know this. He was a nightmare. But as manager of our club if you can't do the job you resign. Look at the passion Conte shows when they score he goes mental. He is barking orders. That doesn't look like someone who has given up like Lambert did. I dont even think sherwood did, he was just absolutely hopeless. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I have not "made up" that he had given up. I think you are a good poster Stevo, you raise good posts but you shouldn't accuse someone of making something up when they have a differing opinion to you. My observation as others have also said is of he had given up. 

Onto Lambert look at his run of results before he was sacked? look at the players they had given. He didn't even have  a assistant manager for gods sake. Who does that? Look at his body language ? He was broken he gave up. Lerner of course is a cretin we know this. He was a nightmare. But as manager of our club if you can't do the job you resign. Look at the passion Conte shows when they score he goes mental. He is barking orders. That doesn't look like someone who has given up like Lambert did. I dont even think sherwood did, he was just absolutely hopeless. 

Dem, it's the same thing. You've decided that Lambert had given up. I don't think there's evidence of that. Poor results doesn't mean he's given up. 

Have you seen any of Chelsea's recent games. Watford on Monday for example? Conte is not the same manager he was a few months ago. Things aren't right there. He doesn't seem to want to be there. Watch his pre-match interview for that Watford game and tell me that's the same guy who was winning the league last year.

I don't think Conte HAS given up, by the way. I'm just sayign if you're concluding that Lambert had given up then the evidence that Conte has done the same is overwhelming.

Dem, if you were managing Villa, we weren't doing very well, you "knew the sack was coming" and you'd be turning your back on a few million quid if you resigned before that, would you resign?

Forgive me for saying if your answer is yes, I think you're lying.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Dem, it's the same thing. You've decided that Lambert had given up. I don't think there's evidence of that. Poor results doesn't mean he's given up. 

Have you seen any of Chelsea's recent games. Watford on Monday for example? Conte is not the same manager he was a few months ago. Things aren't right there. He doesn't seem to want to be there. Watch his pre-match interview for that Watford game and tell me that's the same guy who was winning the league last year.

I don't think Conte HAS given up, by the way. I'm just sayign if you're concluding that Lambert had given up then the evidence that Conte has done the same is overwhelming.

Dem, if you were managing Villa, we weren't doing very well, you "knew the sack was coming" and you'd be turning your back on a few million quid if you resigned before that, would you resign?

Forgive me for saying if your answer is yes, I think you're lying.

I agree about not everything is right at Chelsea from what i understand from what my mate tells me who has links there is a lot of problems behind the scenes there. Conte is leaving and will be replaced by Enrique come the summer or before (I said this a few days ago before the media reported it yesterday) so yeah there are problems there

I have explained in the last post why I felt that Lambert had given up. That was an observation I thought and not just me as alot of others have said the same thing. 

I am not a football manager but what I will say I was at a job I had practically given up on just because the area was a mess poor management etc. There was strong rumors of redundancy but instead of just giving up i continued to work but looked at other jobs as opposed to waiting for redundancy where i would have got  a pay off. I found something else due to my mental strength of not giving up and wasn';t concerned about getting extra money from a redundancy. My happiness was more important. Sure I understand people will care about the money. But if you are deeply unhappy sometimes money just wont cut it. I also would add that he should never have signed  anew contract. He was rewarded with a new contract and in my view didnt seem to bothered about us going down. It didnt hurt him he just looked lost given up and wanted the pay off. A big eff you to the fans who chanted his name and wanted him before he was appointed. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree about not everything is right at Chelsea from what i understand from what my mate tells me who has links there is a lot of problems behind the scenes there. Conte is leaving and will be replaced by Enrique come the summer or before (I said this a few days ago before the media reported it yesterday) so yeah there are problems there

I have explained in the last post why I felt that Lambert had given up. That was an observation I thought and not just me as alot of others have said the same thing. 

I am not a football manager but what I will say I was at a job I had practically given up on just because the area was a mess poor management etc. There was strong rumors of redundancy but instead of just giving up i continued to work but looked at other jobs as opposed to waiting for redundancy where i would have got  a pay off. I found something else due to my mental strength of not giving up and wasn';t concerned about getting extra money from a redundancy. My happiness was more important. Sure I understand people will care about the money. But if you are deeply unhappy sometimes money just wont cut it. I also would add that he should never have signed  anew contract. He was rewarded with a new contract and in my view didnt seem to bothered about us going down. It didnt hurt him he just looked lost given up and wanted the pay off. A big eff you to the fans who chanted his name and wanted him before he was appointed. 

OK, I think you're making up a lot of stuff about Lambert. If it was all true then i'd agree with you. But it's not, or at least I don't think there's evidence for it.

We'll agree to disagree because if you believe everything in the above post then we are miles apart in our opinion.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

OK, I think you're making up a lot of stuff about Lambert. If it was all true then i'd agree with you. But it's not, or at least I don't think there's evidence for it.

We'll agree to disagree because if you believe everything in the above post then we are miles apart in our opinion.

Not making up for the second time. Having an opinion is not making something up. That game we lost to Hull 2-0 watch it back Lambert seemed to ahve not cared in the slightest that we were losing and we had not won a game in 10 games. TWELVE league goals in 25 the lowest in premier league history.  that for me is someone who has given up. The squad was not that bad back then. I mean even Sherwood had them playing! That guy was useless.

but yeah we wont agree on this subject so no point us continuing. 

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you think MoN planned it that all along?

Or, is it not more reasonable to think that having seen his best player sold from under him, a complete nutjob brought in firmly against his wishes in return and little to no commitment over re-investing the remaining funds into the team, he lost his shit and walked out?

Considering MON won his FA Manager's Arbitration tribunal and was paid off by the club for constructive dismissal, it's fair to say there's a lot more into his story, but who knows if he'll ever speak about it. He might have tried to resign earlier that summer or might have straight-up been sacked - there are a lot of unknowns but at the time people hadn't realized what a fraud Lerner was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

David Moyes at Sunderland,

Big Sam resigned too at Palace to retire though prob got survival bonus

Marco Silva Hull

All within last year

Moyes and Silva both resigned from relegated clubs. I suppose they were Premier League clubs at the time, technically, but they had gone. 

Allardyce is a bit of an odd one as he “retired”, but probably the closest comparison.

Also none of those managers resigned in the middle of a season because they thought they weren't doing a good enough job, like many are insisting he should have done (and Garde too, now that is just harsh). I can't think of anybody who's ever done that. 

Apparently they're assholes for doing what 99.9% of managers do (maybe even less because he actually offered his resignation) and what 99.9% of us would do in that situation.

Why forfeit what is essentially your right? If the club that employed you think you're not doing a good enough job, they will sack you. Management is really just working until you are sacked at your owner's whim really, bar financial disagreements.

Edited by Keyblade

I'm no fan of Lambert's as a manager but he DID offer his resignation. Whether they offered him more money and/or unkept promises is kinda by the by, he was willing to walk away from the cash. 

Without knowing what changed his mind it's very difficult to pass judgement, but in retrospect he was working for an absolute maniac, perhaps he only half realised it at the time. 

All just seems like a bit of a mess and in fairness to him, rightly or wrongly, only one of us has made it back to the top table since.

• Like 3

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/276899/lambert

Oatcake already had enough of him.

Post by wuzza on 3 hours ago

His post match interview was as far from the reality of what occurred as it was possible to be without taking some sort of hallucinatory substances!

All sounds very familiar. :D

Edited by VillaChris

We have a young winger who is very raw but works hard up and down the pitch, who scored twice over Christmas and again in a reserve game, yet he hasn't played a single second under the new manager whilst some lousy tosspot who has pissed around for half a season immediately gets game

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/276899/lambert?page=4#ixzz56kIEZ8X5

Â