Paul Lambert

limpid

• 2 weeks later...

Ipswich forum:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/496286/i-used-to-feel-really-vexed-when-we-lost./#16

The comments could have been Villa fans during the last 12/18 months of his time at VP

Kind of numb to it now.

Lifelong fans are now apathetic towards the club. Future generations of town fans will be lost forever

My other half came into the room today to ask me what the score was, when I told her it was 0-1 she said “You used to get so passionate when you watched it, you don’t seem to care anymore”

She pretty much summed up my feeling.

Same here. Over four decades of supporting the Town, and I have never felt so apathetic about them before now - and I was at the hungover trip to Port Vale in 1990.

Match days used to be a mixture of apprehension and excitement, nowadays it feels an absolute chore

It almost feels like you're on the lifeboat watching the Titanic, You can tell everyone about the time it went down, but you couldn't do anything to stop it

I watched Only Fools and Horses instead.

Couldn't give a monkey's

I just shrug my shoulders and move on now. There was a time when I was moody for several days, then I calmed down......

It's a sad state of affairs but it's got to the stage where I'm actively wanting us to lose games so Lambert goes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What was Lambert's post match verdict

Lambert: I Thought We Were Really Good, I Couldn't Ask For Any More

Boss Paul Lambert said he couldn’t fault his players for their performance, despite Mark McGuinness’s second-half own goal consigning the Blues to a 1-0 home loss to Peterborough, their fifth home defeat in their last six games.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/496296/lambert-i-thought-we-were-really-good-i-couldnt-ask-for-any-more/#2

Charlatan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ipswich forum:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/496286/i-used-to-feel-really-vexed-when-we-lost./#16

The comments could have been Villa fans during the last 12/18 months of his time at VP

They were the same fans pissed at McCarthy for playoff-midtable stability in the Championship with no money. Have little sympathy

• Like 1

Seriously how does this mean still keep on getting relatively high profile jobs? In over 2 years he has managed to get Ipswich relegated and become a mid table League One club. He has a win percentage of less than 35% when they should be pishing that division given their resources. He also managed their rivals Norwich so he can't have much support with the fanbase. If you take out his time at the Canaries his managerial record is awful, and now the 'brains' of the operation is no longer with in in Culverhouse.  

And to think at the time in about 2012 some people though he was a better manager than Rodgers. Utterly clueless. 

Celtic awaits.

from his Wikipedia page so might be off by a little bit this is shocking

As of match played 23 January 2021
Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref.
P W D L Win %
Livingston 1 June 2005 11 February 2006 32 5 7 20 15.6 [39][113]
Wycombe Wanderers 30 June 2006 20 May 2008 108 44 29 35 40.7 [41][113]
Colchester United 9 October 2008 18 August 2009 43 19 7 17 44.2 [113][114]
Norwich City 18 August 2009 2 June 2012 142 70 35 37 49.3 [113]
Aston Villa 2 June 2012 11 February 2015 115 34 26 55 29.6 [113]
Blackburn Rovers 15 November 2015 7 May 2016 33 12 8 13 36.4 [74][113]
Wolverhampton Wanderers 5 November 2016 30 May 2017 33 14 5 14 42.4 [113][115]
Stoke City 16 January 2018 18 May 2018 15 2 7 6 13.3 [78][113]
Ipswich Town 27 October 2018 Present 105 34 25 46 32.4 [113]
Total 625 233 149 243 37.3

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you look aT our managers before smith

Bruce

Di matteo

Garde

Sherwood

Lambert 

Mcleish

Near enough all disasters 

I would say Smith is probably our first manager who has actually come in and coached our players to play better in a proper system since Brian Little. 

• Like 2

I remember VT wouldn't shut up about a young and upcoming manager at Norwich, Paul Lambert from like 2010-2012...until we finally got him. Crazy to see how his career has spiraled since then. How has he not been sacked at Ipswich yet?

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seriously how does this mean still keep on getting relatively high profile jobs? In over 2 years he has managed to get Ipswich relegated and become a mid table League One club. He has a win percentage of less than 35% when they should be pishing that division given their resources. He also managed their rivals Norwich so he can't have much support with the fanbase. If you take out his time at the Canaries his managerial record is awful, and now the 'brains' of the operation is no longer with in in Culverhouse.  

And to think at the time in about 2012 some people though he was a better manager than Rodgers. Utterly clueless. 

Celtic awaits.

More like going back to Livingston.

Not so much the jobs but how long he lasts in them. He was 3 months off lasting three years and nearly same at Ipswich as he took over there back end of 2018.

Didn't last long at Stoke, Wolves or Blackburn but he took over all three mid season.

Stoke appointing him must rank as one of the most baffling mid season moves by a prem club ever, think they may have still been out of the bottom 3 when he was appointed. He won his first game v Huddersfield and then didn't win another until final day when they were already relegated.

Edited by VillaChris

Â